Sign in to follow this  
smoreau

66 lawn ranger with a up grade

smoreau

:thumbs: I got my litle girl a lawn ranger last month and it had a k161 on it. The gas tank was mounted to the hood and it was the original one for the tractor. so I made a mount for the tank so it would mount to the back of the engine like it was on the teci engine and mounted the starter generator under that. This left no room for a battery. after some thinking I checked into a motorcycle battery and found one for a jet ski. It is sealed battery with 220 cca and can be mounted in any position, even upside down! well that will work just fine under the seat laying on its side. next I got a new regulator and wired it all up. every thing is working great so far.

066.jpg

068.jpg

069.jpg

Then I got Gabby out today to check out how I need to build some running boards for it.

065.jpg

059.jpg

Then n1defan and I decided to get out some of our round hoods out for a picture

070.jpg

:thumbs: :thumbs:

dclarke

I like what you did with the ranger. :thumbs: Nice looking herd also.

pfrederi

Did you have to modify the front hood mount tab??? It seems longer than mine in one of the pictures

smoreau

Did you have to modify the front hood mount tab??? It seems longer than mine in one of the pictures

The front tab was broken when I got the tractor and it isn't mounted correctly in the picture. After I get all the mock up of the belt guard and running boards with a extra clutch pedal so Gabby can reach it I plan on fixing alot of the cosmetic problems and giving it a paint job and new stickers. The hood does sit a little higher in the front to clear the muffler. All the modifications on this tractor are bolt on existing holes without changing anything to the frame or body. So do you think this little ranger needs a exhaust stack or not? :thumbs: :thumbs:

JC 1965

Great job on the Lawn Ranger. Also, Great lookin herd !! :thumbs: :thumbs:

VinsRJ

Now thats breathing new life into a Ranger...... :thumbs: