Sign in to follow this  
B-8074

Stacks on Kohler twins

B-8074

Well I'm wanting to put one or two muffler stacks on my C-175. I'm not liking the way my freshly painted wheel is turning brown. And I'd like to not have to suck the exhaust fumes all the time.

So I was hoping for some pics itf anyone has them. I ran several searches but didn't find much.

Thanks.

Kelly

How ever you do it, be sure to build good supports for them, or you will break the block out, it's only alum., most you see are on single cyl. Kohlers and they are cast iron.

B-8074

Thanks Kelly, I thought the first gen KT17's were cast. Do you think that if I just go from the stock manifold with a couple 90's that it would work?

gregg.d250

All Kohler KTs and Magnums had cast iron jugs. Onans had aluminum jugs with cast iron liners. Valvetrain in KT engines is almost identical to K-Series.

It's a good idea to add a brace to a stack, but the flat-twins don't vibrate nearly as much as a single cylinder K-Series engine.

jpmcleod

Mine are cast iron on my 175.

I went to a local muffler shop and had two alum 1 1/4 inch tubes bent upward at 90 degrees and they are great. I put "flappers" on top to eleminate any residue from entering the top. With the "flapper" facing forward, it deflects any blow-back of exhaust fumes.

I then used a clamp bracket from an old portable carport frame and clamped the two for support.

I love the sound of the twin stacks. No mufflers, just sounds good and loud.

Good luck

B-8074

Sounds cool. Do you happen to have any pics? Mabey under the hood and with the hood down. :thumbs: :thumbs:

baerpath

Couple of stainless stacks on the pullers

ebay413013.jpg

Duane