Sign in to follow this  
corn53

Ride Away Senior

mr.pipes

If you wanted to buy a tractor, does the guy have a crane onsite to pluck it out of the pile? Looks like when he needs more space he pushes everything tighter with a bulldozer. I would still like to see it in person.

wildman

That is what i call ORGANIZED!!!! :thumbs:

HorseFixer

Is that an old economy? :thumbs: Well at any rate, it makes me feel better that it was an old junker like that.... $ 500.00???? :thumbs: Looks like he got Bucked more than Hue Heffner! :thumbs:

wheel horse tractor guy

I saw the ad on CL an hour away but also was to late nice senior for 5 bills :thumbs:

wheel horse tractor guy

I have been informed it's not a Senior. The hood is different. Here are the pics. Nice shot of about a 10th of the yard in one of them! Who can guess what the tractor is?

Were is that place i also would love to check it out. I'm laid off for the winter months and have nothing else better to do then to drive to the grave yard and maybe even get parts for my restore. :thumbs:

squonk

I have been informed it's not a Senior. The hood is different. Here are the pics. Nice shot of about a 10th of the yard in one of them! Who can guess what the tractor is?

Were is that place i also would love to check it out. I'm laid off for the winter months and have nothing else better to do then to drive to the grave yard and maybe even get parts for my restore. :thumbs:

Look at my last post.

iicap

Hey guys I've been wrong about a lot lately, but................I believe all are talking about 2 tractors, the one in the pics is in the New York junk yard and the $500.00 tractor was the senior on CL. If I'm wrong this time, I'll ride off into the sunset and you won't have to put up with my nonsense anymore.

There are no pics showing the CL tractor

Sparky

Hey guys I've been wrong about a lot lately, but................I believe all are talking about 2 tractors, the one in the pics is in the New York junk yard and the $500.00 tractor was the senior on CL. If I'm wrong this time, I'll ride off into the sunset and you won't have to put up with my nonsense anymore.

There are no pics showing the CL tractor

Thanks Richard. This thread was getting a bit confusing.

I never got a chance to see the Craigslist ad for the Senior but did it have pictures? If it did have pictures did anyone save them?

Mike......

wheelhorsec85

Look at my last post.

THAT TRACTOR IN THE PICS YOU HAVE IS A VERY RARE ROTH COUNTRY BOY. MADE IN MICHIGAN IVE OWNED 2 BASKET CASES AND THATS A NICE ONE

MikesRJ

Here's that birds-eye view. This place has a metric crap-ton of stuff. I was just up in Rochester with time to kill too. Damn, wish I could have made a side trip.

NY_Junkyard.png

multihobbyguy

That is pretty cool photo MikesRJ.

So will we get to see pictures of the senior :thumbs: ? Anyone? If you don't want anyone to know who you are you could create a new account to post some pics. Sorry I am a terribly curious person. Not who purchased it but what the tractor looks like(shape, condition).

squonk

Here's that birds-eye view. This place has a metric crap-ton of stuff. I was just up in Rochester with time to kill too. Damn, wish I could have made a side trip.

NY_Junkyard.png

You should see the inside. Buildings just stuffed with tractors and that long skinny bldg. has engines staked almost to the ceiling. I think that is a somewhat old picture. Usually the area out front along 20 is full right to the edge of the road. I think the state has made him move it back a little. At his old location, pieces were falling off into the road. If anyone comes around this area let me know and we'll go on a tour.

Sparky

Just mapquested it from my place. Its 315 miles one way :thumbs: . Looks like I wont be going there anytime soon.

Mike.........

Ken B

Has anyone ever actually dealt with this guy? Does he have so much stuff because everything is so over priced (hoarder?) and he sells nothing or is he reasonable? I'd hook the trailer up and make the trudge if I knew there was a light at the end of the tunnel.

wheelhorsec85

Just mapquested it from my place. Its 315 miles one way :thumbs: . Looks like I wont be going there anytime soon.

Mike.........

HAY MIKE MAYBE YOU ME AND TONY CAN MAKE A TRIP THERE AND MAKE A WEEKEND OF IT LEAVE EARLY SAT COME HOME SUN :thumbs:

sscotsman

Some photos from the front of the shop:

1192457501_m4enC-O.jpg

1192457508_D2BcM-O.jpg

1192457632_Hx2CM-O-1.jpg

I pulled this old Ariens out of the lineup to take some photos of it..

its a 1961 or 1962 model:

1192457715_dDNhQ-O.jpg

The tractors along the left were complete tractors for sale:

1192457695_5yuGn-O.jpg

1192457771_QeWAV-O.jpg

1192457478_vMzUV-O-1.jpg

Photos from 2009..I stopped to take a look at old snowblowers..

I still havent been out in the back! :thumbs:

when I was there, the lady inside said no one was available right then to show me around out back..I could wait, but I had to get going..

maybe this year I can visit the holy lands out back..

I want to visit the Ariens snowblower graveyard, and the Wheel Horse tractor graveyard..

Scot

DoctorHfuhruhurr

Has anyone ever actually dealt with this guy? Does he have so much stuff because everything is so over priced (hoarder?) and he sells nothing or is he reasonable? I'd hook the trailer up and make the trudge if I knew there was a light at the end of the tunnel.

Some of the reviews I found weren't very flattering (see links below). Manta.com lists the number of employees as 1-4 and * estimates it as 1.

http://www.superpages.com/bp/Seneca-Falls-...reviewContainer

http://local.yahoo.com/info-11636615-paul-...reviews#reviews

http://www.manta.com/c/mmb681x/paul-jackson-lawn-mowers

buckrancher

I'am there about once a month Paul's a great old guy around eighty and still racing

tractor's he has one of his racers over the door when to go in. My wife and I

stop in and talk tractor's with him and his wife I always learn somthing new

every vist :thumbs:

Brian

B-8074

When's the road trip? Anyone coming from the west through Ohio let me know. I'll meet you in Erie, Pa.. I'm always up for a road trip. :thumbs: :thumbs:

MikesRJ

You should see the inside. ...

I have a customer just outside of Rochester. Next time I am in the area I'll let you know. We can head over for that tour.

squonk

I'am there about once a month Paul's a great old guy around eighty and still racing

tractor's he has one of his racers over the door when to go in. My wife and I

stop in and talk tractor's with him and his wife I always learn somthing new

every vist :thumbs:

Brian

Actually he's 84. He's always busy. There is always a crap load of people there on Saturdays. He has about 4-6 people working there. The problem is only Paul can name the price on anything that is not marked. (which is about 90% of the stuff there.) So if he is helping someone you have to wait. Being 84 he moves slow but it's amazing what he does do and what's in his head. He knows what fit's what and where under the pile it is.

hoser63

:thumbs: :thumbs::thumbs: would love to have a place like that closer to me...i think a guy could get lost in there or think he died and gone to heaven...lol

corn53

Anyone ever check it out yet? Im in ny now. :thumbs:

corn53

Im in NY again and Im gonna check it out right now!!!!

mr.pipes

Im in NY again and Im gonna check it out right now!!!!

:thumbs::D:wh::wh::D:D :D