Sign in to follow this  
corn53

Ride Away Senior

corn53

Did anyone see the ad on c-list in hartfort ct. The guy was only asking 500 for a rideaway senior. I hope someone on this forum scooped it up. I emailed him but was 2 late. :thumbs: I really would have loved that for my collection! :thumbs: :thumbs:

wheelhorsec85

yes eveerybody saw this ad for the senior . i saw it 7 am today emailed him and he never got back to me so it was gone then :thumbs:

VinsRJ

Yap.... everyone...... :thumbs:

stevebo

I did not...

HorseFixer

I just read this post to MJ, Tears are now streaming! :thumbs: She said she wants one, will get one for her someday, but will most likely have to pay the long dollar! :thumbs:

grnlark

From a buyers perspective, there's one lucky ba$tard out there somewhere.

From a sellers perspective, I feel sorry for the guy that sold it not knowing what he had.

I guess you win some and you lose some..

squonk

There is an old timer a few miles from me with a mower junkyard. He seems to know a lot about all the old iron but 1 day he showed me a tractor that was just brought in. He knew I was also into Economy Power Kings and asked me if I saw the old Economy out front. It looked like no Economy that I ever saw. It had what looked like a fiberglass hood. an engine all the wheels were on ect. It had some :thumbs: decals slapped on it by someone. Fast forward to last years show in PA. I had never seen a Ride-away Sr. When I saw one there I thought it looked familiar. Fast forward to last month. I needed a part for my C-160. He let me go out back and there with the :thumbs: stuff and there was that tractor. I was going to ask about it but he was busy and I didn't want to piss him off and tell him the Economy he showed me was a Ride-Away Sr. I would bet money it's still there.

Sparky

You outa see what he wants for it. Even if its not something you want it would be real easy to sell.

Next time your there try to get a picture.

Mike.......

JC 1965

:thumbs: A ride away senior for only $500. That's unbelievable. :thumbs:

iicap

I guess it's ok to say, the seller posted it had just left and was on it's way to it's new home in Waterbury CT. Seller was from Windsor CT and also said he had no idea what he had. This info, from the list last nite, nothing more said.

Sorry he also thanked all who had inquired.

VinsRJ

There's a lot of CT members on RS who would love to have it in their collection in any condition for that price.... heck even at a $1000........ but no one has chimed in as of yet with their success story so I'm thinking ..... be prepared .... it'll be on Ebay or even CL again for 3, maybe 5 times the purchase price very soon.

grnlark

The listing last night said it was on it's way to Torrington not Waterbury

mr.pipes

The listing last night said it was on it's way to Torrington not Waterbury

That's what I saw last night when I looked. Now it is not there. I'm thinking the buyer wants to remain anonymous and thought the seller was giving a little more info than the buyer would like. I'm sure some of you detectives already have a good idea who the lucky new owner is.

I don't know much about the earlier Pond/Wheelhorse tractors. Anyone have a guesstimate ballpark value of what was sold?

DoctorHfuhruhurr

Would anyone care to guesstimate on what the actual value "range" would be?

poor condition = ?

fair condition = ?

good condition = ?

corn53

That would be interesting since they dont come up often? :thumbs:

VinsRJ

Would anyone care to guesstimate on what the actual value "range" would be?

poor condition = ?

fair condition = ?

good condition = ?

There was no pics in the ad..... pretty much any condition would be worth more than $500.

corn53

I totally agree. I would have grabbed it sight unseen. :thumbs:

squonk

You outa see what he wants for it. Even if its not something you want it would be real easy to sell.

Next time your there try to get a picture.

Mike.......

2 Redsquare members have contacted me via PM. I got them pictures. It may not be a Senior after all. In fairness to them, I will wait to hear from them if it's a Senior or not. If it's not I will post the pics and maybe we can have some fun identifying it. It looks very similar to the ones I saw at the big show.

Kelly

Aaww come on post the pictures.

wildman

Curiosity is killing me!

:thumbs:

squonk

I have been informed it's not a Senior. The hood is different. Here are the pics. Nice shot of about a 10th of the yard in one of them! Who can guess what the tractor is?

DSCF0856.jpg

DSCF0860.jpg

DSCF0859.jpg

DSCF0858.jpg

DSCF0857.jpg

Kelly

Not sure what it is, but I need the contact info for the guy that has/had it, I need a few parts off the Bush hog tractor right in front of it, and I'd love to check that place out.

DoctorHfuhruhurr

Not sure what it is, but I need the contact info for the guy that has/had it, I need a few parts off the Bush hog tractor right in front of it, and I'd love to check that place out.

I'm not sure this is the place but try going to google maps and pasting the latitude/longitude below into the search box.....

42.949782,-76.766723

Bing maps gives a great above view also.

My final guess is

Paul Jackson Lawn Mowers

2988 US Route 20, Seneca Falls, NY 13148-9599

(315) 568-0040

rob65

What an awsome place! I agree, I'd love to check that place out.

"Wheel Horse graveyard"

squonk

I'm not sure this is the place but try going to google maps and pasting the latitude/longitude below into the search box.....

42.949782,-76.766723

Bing maps gives a great above view also.

My final guess is

Paul Jackson Lawn Mowers

2988 US Route 20, Seneca Falls, NY 13148-9599

(315) 568-0040

That's the place.