Sign in to follow this  
trettig

Finished 1955 RJ35

trettig

I purchased this 1955 RJ35 up in NH off Craigslist. The picker found it in Porter Maine at an old farm. The picker payed $30. He knew what he had and sold it for a lot more!!! $500.00 Anyways you know who purchased it... I am near complete and posting photos.

trettig

I forgot photos...

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)

post-3-1297944124.jpg

trettig

Photo #2

post-3-1297944210.jpg

grnlark

Nice job Tom! :thumbs: Glad to see another one saved!

trettig

photo #3

post-3-1297944272.jpg

stevebo

Tom,

I saw that one on CL (I think) about 3 months ago?? You did a very nice job. Hope to have that one sitting next to my 55 at the show this year :thumbs:

VinsRJ

Very nice Tom! :thumbs: I have a feeling I've seen those front tires before :thumbs:

trettig

Thanks to everyone who gave info and parts. It has been a fun project. I look forward to bringing it the shows.

Redbirdman

Very, very nice! :thumbs:

An old proverb once said: " Money spent on tractors is money well spent!" :drool:

And I guess once you get your knob polished you will be about done! :thumbs: :thumbs:

:thumbs: ED

HorseFixer

Looking good! :thumbs: Thats an awfully big hole in the hood under the steering wheel. :thumbs: Looks like you need to get the exhaust pipe & right Muff. You need to find a Schnacke recoil for that engine. Is that a K-90 or 91 :thumbs: and do you have the oil bath air cleaner? Oh and Yer seat spring is turned back wards. I purchased a RJ-58 that had the same thing and had it pointed out to me. :thumbs: wont make that mistake again.. :drool:

trettig

The motor is a k-91. I would like to find an oil bath air filer. Thanks for the info about the seat spring. There is only so much money you can put into the tractor. Maybe in the future...

wheelhorse656

:thumbs: :thumbs:

:thumbs::thumbs::drool:

:drool: :drool:

trettig

I know most say wheel horse tractors are priceless. ALTHOUGH I am very practical and feel that you can only put into the tractor what it is worth. I have about $1000.00 into it and can't justify many more expenses. With that said... I will still be looking for an oil bath air filter and belt guard. In the future... Who's with me?? Anyone?? :thumbs:

VinsRJ

Tom, having a $1000 into a RJ35 resto is about average IMO. You have a sharp looking machine which most :thumbs: collectors would like to have in their stable.

As for the hole in your hood..... you have an early RJ35 hood which would have had a brass push button kill switch. My RJ35 also has that style hood and I have an original switch. They are very hard to come by but diligent searching and patients will produce results. :thumbs:

For wat its worth I see you have the exhaust "U" bolt holes in your right side hood stand... so you can re-pipe the muffler to the front like most RJs..... you could end up burning off some hair/skin with the setup you have now :thumbs:

I know it has snowed hard in the last couple weeks but, have you had a chance to to take that old mule out for a ride? :thumbs:

JC 1965

Wow!! That's a great looking little tractor. Nice job !! :thumbs: :thumbs: