Sign in to follow this  
clintonnut

More progress of my Dodge

Duff

Charlie, does Pennsylvania have any provision for a "salvage" title? You've replaced/rebuilt so much of the truck that one could make the case for it being a completely different critter from what came out of the factory and thus might be able to be titled differently. Know anyone in DMV that's a good enough friend to give you some advice? :WRS:

Duff :hide:

truckin88

Charlie, does Pennsylvania have any provision for a "salvage" title? You've replaced/rebuilt so much of the truck that one could make the case for it being a completely different critter from what came out of the factory and thus might be able to be titled differently. Know anyone in DMV that's a good enough friend to give you some advice? :WRS:

Duff :hide:

Duff,

Good point, PA's version of a Salvage title, is an R-Title or Repair Title. The one thing to know with an R-Title in PA, not all insurance companies will insure them. I know State Farm will. I went to school down there, then lived there for a couple of years, and the wife is from there, we dealt with R-titles a couple of years ago for her brother. I'd call DMV, and let them know your issue. If you have any friends in the autobody biz that do R-Titles, give them a call.

clintonnut

Yes! Fianally contacted the guy this evening. Seemed suspicious someone would want his photo ID but i think once i get my notary guy to talk to him he will comply because even though he hasnt had the truck for 6 years he is liable to anything that would happen to it until it is out of his name. Hopefully this mess can be wrapped up asap.

fireman

Good luck with it Charlie. I hope the guy hooks you up :hide:

mavfreak
Charlie, does Pennsylvania have any provision for a "salvage" title? You've replaced/rebuilt so much of the truck that one could make the case for it being a completely different critter from what came out of the factory and thus might be able to be titled differently. Know anyone in DMV that's a good enough friend to give you some advice?

Coadster32

What an awesome build!! :hide: I hope you get the title situation squared away pretty quickly.

shorts

In Michigan I got a title in my name for an old truck that was abandoned in my backyard, all it took was a lost title form, the serial number and a trip to the secretary of state with a $20 and a 5 min.computer search to see if it had been reported stolen, 10 days later the mailman brings me a new title in my name and the truck went to the boneyard :hide:

SAM58

:hide: :WRS::)

Nice!! :disgust:

clintonnut

Been driving it since Friday.... Got 150 miles on it and have some bugs to work out but it is a blast!

Major thing now is the bed and working out some oil leaks.... The worst is the input seal on the steering box. That needs to be fixed before I stain someone elses driveway :hide:

d2a6bf78.jpg

e5171298.jpg

ed5f4dd1.jpg

The bed is as straight as it will ever get so it now just needs to be taken down to bare metal and a skim coat of bondo before olive drab...

85da770c.jpg

0e1b6e19.jpg

249e2579.jpg

I ended up taking the fan and the fan shroud off because the fan clutch wouldn't disengage and was making a sh*t ton of noise but what is nice is there is no temperature difference whatsoever and it is twice as quiet.

BTW the puller is loaded up so I can do some top end work in school with it.

Charlie

mavfreak

:hide:

wallfish

Awsome build Charlie!

Can't wait to see it at the show

shorts

:hide: saweet, looking good,

Look real close at the hoses going into the steering gear, My 91 dodge has O-rings to seal the hoses in the pump and if you look at them funny when you're putting the pressure hose in the geat it is really easy to roll the o-ring and cut it, the oil seeps down the input shaft and looks like the shaft seal is leaking.

MikesRJ

Great job kid. Be a conscientious driver and good luck with it. :hide: :WRS:

jimt1971

Charlie,

Congrats on getting the truck on the road. Can't wait to see it at the show.

Jim