Sign in to follow this  
clintonnut

More progress of my Dodge

MikesRJ

Great work as always Charlie. Can;t wait to see you tooling around in it. :thumbs:

clintonnut

Thanks for the comments!

I decided to go with no camo for now and just put the id numbers on the bumpers. One thing nice about camo is you can put it on anytime!

Charlie

Ken B

I think it will look even cooler now with just the green. :thumbs:

clintonnut

Thanks Mike!

Got electrical done, exhaust in, fuel lines done, hooked up battery and touched the starter but didnt have any fuel to start it so i did not let it fire.

Gauges done! Just need paint

d9a79003.jpg

aef5b05e.jpg

Got fenders for $20 each so will be finishing the front clip this week.

Charlie

MikesRJ

Charlie,

I have an idea for a truck number:

Left side of Bumpers:

101AB

506PI

Right Side of Bumpers:

HQ-E1

HorseFixer

Fantastic job Charlie! You do good work! :thumbs:

clintonnut

Well after a doctors appt to get wisdom teeth out :thumbs:, i came home and put the new fuel pump line on, and started it up! Well, i had to add 1 wire but it gives off a nice throaty idle. Tomorrow will finish brake and clutch bleeding and plan on green next thursday or friday.

http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp19/de...ff/fd82322b.mp4

Charlie

clintonnut

Freakin awesome day!

Got the brakes and clutch done, exhaust and some interior and took it around the block. Couldn't be any happier! Shifts nice, brakes and steers nice, power is AWSOME, sound is AWESOME! Plan to paint the rest of it and assemble it next week.

0c8f2a89.jpg

af03f8a3.jpg

6a117f5c.jpg

14e9a67d.jpg

Bed work ugh. I will probably just straighten it and paint after i inspect it.

7f1e79af.jpg

8af6ff00.jpg

Charlie

sgtsampay

Looks great! Are you going to bring it to the show?

clintonnut

Oh yeah, it will be there

clintonnut

Did all the fabrication on the fenders today! SO SO much work. Need to find some spare sheet metal for the future...

Both needed new hood support mounts and a lower fender patch...

7b1f0786.jpg

1ff25f27.jpg

test fit:

733e4a5f.jpg

Then wheel arch repair on the passengers side so I robbed one off the old fender:

ae70956a.jpg

9e6aef97.jpg

0fd85f90.jpg

7041a600.jpg

Put bondo on one today and rust treated the other. Hoping to spray them tomorrow and assemble the front clip.

Here's another video:

http://s393.photobucket.com/albums/pp19/de...nt=84398c70.mp4

Charlie

bell

Looks REALLY good dude! You gotta love that "less than shiny" paint... Makes bodywork MUCH easier! :thumbs:

Awesome rig! I would LOVE to build something like that someday, to play around with.... Or, just put a Cummins in my '27 Dodge Brothers Rat.... :wh:

clintonnut

Tadaa!!!!

My high school shop class friend came over and gave me a hand!

4b458ed4.jpg

5cbaf013.jpg

Then did a little break in..... 250ft 3rd gear no brakes...

52f13b67.jpg

:hide:

Charlie

Rollerman

Charlie....I wish my 16 1/2 year old son had a 10th of the ambition you have.

The effort your putting into your "sick" OD green Dodge will make you appreciate it all the more. :hide:

Buzz

Then did a little break in..... 250ft 3rd gear no brakes...

52f13b67.jpg

:WRS:

Charlie

Ahh, I love the smell of burning rubber on Mosquito Lane. Smells like victory........... Looking good Charlie :hide:

clintonnut

Insurance starts monday and registration tuesday!

Truck is really close now. Working on bed, got the gas tank done, gauges almost done! Lights work great!

86bd8c26.jpg

baaec900.jpg

243daa33.jpg

44e11469.jpg

477d384b.jpg

53fba03d.jpg

Starting to be straightened out!

a5e75e92.jpg

e21557ac.jpg

b7db3ad2.jpg

8bcb3bb3.jpg

Charlie

clintonnut

Sandblasted the rear bumper and painted it and the front of the bed. Decided to change the gauges....

c0597bd9.jpg

48c81071.jpg

Speedometer lights up blue with my added light in the housing when no dash lights are on but high beams are and with dash lights on it is a blend.

5810b9bf.jpg

1155f0fe.jpg

Charlie

clintonnut

Going to stick the taillights and fuel filler in tomorrow and im ready to go! Still need bondo and paint but bed is really straight now. I also welded the tail light extensions to the quarters for more strength so they don't crack like my dads. Its really true because with this mod the tail gate closes with one finger! I also welded in new gussets for the taillight extensions because the old ones were rusted out. Planning on getting it rhino lined in the next month...

61463540.jpg

Charlie

truckin88

Charlie, since you are a DIY guy, look at Herculiner, a bunch of Jeep guys had great success applying it with a roller.

Looks great!

wheelhorse656

Charlie, since you are a DIY guy, look at Herculiner, a bunch of Jeep guys had great success applying it with a roller.

Looks great!

what about a spray in liner like what my grandpa put in his truck? it matches the color of his truck its durable it has grit to keep stuff from sliding around. and it comes with everything you need to to spray it with and put in with. i can get you the name brand of it if you would like.

truckin88

Looks great!

what about a spray in liner like what my grandpa put in his truck? it matches the color of his truck its durable it has grit to keep stuff from sliding around. and it comes with everything you need to to spray it with and put in with. i can get you the name brand of it if you would like.

spray liner works, and you can spray herc...but you will always have to brush or roll certain areas due to contours etc. I think the gun and nozzle matter too.

MikesRJ

I can just envision Charlie now, scrambling to get it done before the "Big Show" so he can drive Dad to the Show for the first time! :WRS: You're doing great kid, keep it up. Hope you got enough green left for gas. :hide:

clintonnut

Damn... had plans to drive it tomorrow and went to the auto tag place and realized I do not have a sellers signature on the title. Apparently it hasn't been signed by the last 2 owners and the last title holder was on oxygen as of 2 years ago.....

This might get UGLY!

:WRS::hide:

Charlie

mavfreak

That really sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!