Sign in to follow this  
german old school

lo/hi range transmission

german old school

I recently picked up a 1-6931 Raider 9 1968,looks to have been used very little,and when you put in the low range position ,it does nothing ,when put in the hi range position and go to shift 1 thru 3 and reverse it work properly,anyone got any ideas what the problem is , German Old School

stevasaurus

You should have the #5060 transmission. This is called a 6 speed transmission, even though it really has 8 speeds. There are a couple of threads here (I'll try to find them) that explain and show with pictures what may be wrong with your trans. I am going to guess that you have a broken hi/low shift fork. It could be a couple of other things, but the shift fork bending and/or breaking seems to be common. It happens when trying to shift between ranges without coming to a complete stop first. If it is the fork, it can be welded or straightened out. I do not know if you can buy the part from Toro. Someone on the Square may have the part from a doner trans. or you may be able to buy a spare transmission. The trans itself is easy to tear down and find out what is really wrong...we can walk you through it if you need help. Here is a copy of the manual, your trans is Section III. :thumbs:

http://www.mywheelhorse.com/graphics/file/...ns/492-4004.pdf

Here is a good link to look at...about halfway down are 2 pictures of him holding the shift fork in his hand. Guessing this is what you have going on.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=19680

By the way... :thumbs:

nylyon

A great example of why we have the Useful Posts post

:thumbs:

stevasaurus

excellent Karl...you are making some great progress on this...it will be extremely helpful. in helping members out. :thumbs: :thumbs:

JC 1965

Hell0 and :thumbs: You will like it here. Everyone is very helpful.

jdpuller

:thumbs:

varosd

:thumbs: GutenTag!!

DonV

german old school

I recently picked up a 1-6931 Raider 9 1968,looks to have been used very little,and when you put in the low range position ,it does nothing ,when put in the hi range position and go to shift 1 thru 3 and reverse it work properly,anyone got any ideas what the problem is , German Old School

well still working on engine electric to make the shut off position kill the motor ,no luck yet,I decided to make a run down the hill to the mail box and on the way up a loud clunk noise ,seem to stop ,took off made it back to the garage another clunk and finally no more go letting out of the clutch it wants to kill the engine,in neutral engine runs fine,guess the rear end locked up,To be continued ,german ol school