sscotsman

Identify this mower deck?

sscotsman

Can anyone ID the model number of this deck just from the photos?

I cant find a model number on it..(should there be a model number on it anywhere?)

it looks like it has all its original stickers, but they are warning/safety stickers..

I would like to look for the manual for this deck, but I dont know the model..

its a 36" deck.

1182725808_Sp37P-M.jpg

1182725814_XNHng-M.jpg

1182725822_MLTeU-M.jpg

1182725934_7RGtF-M.jpg

thanks!

Scot

racinfool40

I'm gonna guess RM-363 or 364 manuals are on Mywheelhorse.com also :thumbs:

Looks like Mike beat me to it!!!

sscotsman

Thanks guys! thats excellent..

and thanks for the manual Mike! :thumbs:

I will need to get the belt that runs from the mower to the tractor..

what size belt would that be?

(for this deck, and a 1964 model 854)

thanks,

Scot

MikesRJ

Mower Drive Belt: WH p/n 7430 - 4L (1/2" wide x 5/16" tall) style, 28"

Spindle Drive Belt: WH p/n 1578 - 3L (3/8" wide x 7/32" tall) style, 37"

Indy w h

Scot, if you replace both the spindle drive belts make sure you get a matched set

that way both belts are the same size

Indy

sscotsman

thanks! :thumbs:

Is there any way to tell apart a RM-363 and a RM-364?

(or other years?) or are they identical?

How many years was this style of deck made?

And does it look like I have all the parts I need to hook this up to the tractor?

I read through the mower deck manual, and I dont really understand everything it is saying..but thats only because I have never done this before! :thumbs:

Im sure I can figure it out..we have temps of 40, possibly 50 coming next week! :thumbs:

a brief warm spell im sure..(Winter isnt over until April 1st) but if we have some nice warm days next week I will probably take the tractor out into the driveway and try to hook up the mower for the first time, just to try it out..im not sure if im missing any bolts or anything though..

thanks,

Scot

MikesRJ

I never really looked at the two to find differences. I don't think there is any difference, at least not that I am aware of anyway. Here's the other manual:

http://www.mywheelhorse.com/graphics/file/...4-65_RM-364.pdf

stevasaurus

Scott...I doubt there is any difference in the decks. I call it the RM-364 so it matches your tractor. :thumbs: It looks like all the parts you need are there. Just slide the deck under the tractor, hook the lift thingy in the lift hole. Raise the deck and the front should go in to your front attach-o-matic., then place the drive belt. Boomshakalaca. :thumbs:

There are grease fittings under those 3/4" caps. I would take the sheet metal covers off and inspect, clean, and grease the spindles before placing the deck on the tractor. Nice looking deck.

squonk

Changing those spindle belts are fun. Bring lots of rags to the party!! Good idea to take those gear covers off and clean out the gunk, leaves and moose hair that seem to collect in there.

sscotsman

Thanks guys!

Im going to try hooking it up next week..I will let you know how it goes! :thumbs:

(I will probably just try to hook it up temporarily, get a feel for how it works, make sure its working properly, but not actually run it a lot..then remove it, then do a full cleanup and lube on the deck in the spring, when I do a full cleanup and lube/oil change on the whole tractor..)

I need to find the "mower drive belt" first:

Spindle Drive Belt: WH p/n 1578 - 3L (3/8" wide x 7/32" tall) style, 37"

any suggestions where to look? Auto parts store? (From reading other threads here on redsquare, I hear Napa mentioned a lot as a belt source..I have a Napa near me..) or should I mail order the proper belt from somewhere?

thanks,

Scot

stevasaurus

The drive belt for this...I would think the NAPA would be OK.

squonk

Thanks guys!

Im going to try hooking it up next week..I will let you know how it goes! :thumbs:

(I will probably just try to hook it up temporarily, get a feel for how it works, make sure its working properly, but not actually run it a lot..then remove it, then do a full cleanup and lube on the deck in the spring, when I do a full cleanup and lube/oil change on the whole tractor..)

I need to find the "mower drive belt" first:

Spindle Drive

Kelly

Just be sure to buy them as a matched pair, just because they have the same part no. does not mean they are exactly the same, and is the cast housing on the bottom broken? it looks to have a repair of some kind.

squonk

Gates belts (Napa) guarantees their belts to be exact length's by hundredths of an inch. Improved manufacturing technology. We could never get matched belts because gates didn't sell them to us that way anymore. I'm not sure if any other brands still do or not. Whenever someone came in the store and we requested matched belts we told them they were not available through us but Gates guaranteed the length. I would pull 2 off the rack and no one ever came back and said they didn't work. I put 2 off the shelf 3L370W belts on my 704 deck this summer. Fit perfect. You do have to move those adjuster bars exactly the same though or you will get the impression that one belt is different than the other.

DSCF0750.jpg