Sign in to follow this  
chevy030303

the lever on my wheel horse

chevy030303

:thumbs: so my lever on the tractor will not push down and i need to now how to rebuild it or somthing

smoreau

:thumbs: what lever and what kind of tractor? need more info and maybe some pics. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Kelly

More info will get you answers.

chevy030303

sorry no pic but its 857 wheel horse it lifts the bladfor snow sorry i cant spell very good

Sparky

sorry i cant spell very good

No offence meant by this, but maybe theres something in this thread that you might want to check out.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=25584

Mike......

Sorry to get :thumbs: .

Jim_M

If you mean that you can't push the button down on your lift lever, try pulling it back (like you're lifting the blade) then push the release button down.

chevy030303

its like the button is frozen in place

rwilson

If your tractor has sat outside its possible it is frozen. Try parking it inside a heated building for a little while. if you dont have access to the then try a propane torch or something. :thumbs:

Gene_S

Chevy unhook the plow from your lift handle and remove the hairpin cotter. Next remove the three bolts holding the handle to the tractor and remove it. When you flip it over you will see a spring that compresses when you push the button down. Make sure something isn't jammed up there. The best way to learn things is to just take it apart. Figure out how it works and then figure out why it don't work. Good luck... :thumbs:

Plus chevy, I'm a very poor speller to... A lot of times I go to google and type the word in I'm trying to spell and most times the right word pops up. This will help you figure words out. Plus my wifes a school teacher... :thumbs:

dgjks6

I had that problem. The lever was bent.

sorekiwi

Last week, while plowing with a B-80, I noticed that my button seemed to be getting stiffer to push down.

A closer inspection revealed that the weld where the round part of the lever meets the square part of the lever was starting to break, allowing the lever to bend a little and binding up the rod through the middle.

I ended up switching levers out and putting the broken one on the "tuit" pile.

chevy030303

will im a big guy and i cant push it down and it does it win its hot