Sign in to follow this  
HorseFixer

Re Hour-ed The Snow Chucker

HorseFixer

When I got the C-120 the Hobbs was no Workey, <_< So I was looking around on Flee Bay and ran across a the Hour combination RPM GAUGE which also has settable service indicators. I installed it last night and so far so good works pretty neat. Your able to set the service time to what ever you want in hours. When you turn the tractor off it goes to Hours ran when you start the tractor it automatically switches to RPM by a wire from the GAUGE wrapped around the spark plug wire. It has a lithium ION battery and is good for many years and even if the battery does go bad, the settings and readings are stored in non volatile memory, until you change the Battery. I think it was like $ 24.00 delivered to my door. anyways here are some Pics. :thumbs:

The Gauge Showing 0.4 hrs with Tractor Off.

DSCN2872.jpg

Tractor on at idle Gauge showing 660 rpm.

DSCN2878.jpg

Tractor on full throttle reading 1680 rpm. Hula Gal swayin to the Sound of The Kohler! :thumbs:

DSCN2867.jpg

AMC RULES

OOH, that's pretty cool, priced right too. :thumbs:

420lse

That's very cool. Nice gagget!

Sparky

Looks cool but isnt full throttle closer to 3600rpm's?

Mike..........

dgoyette

Looks cool but isnt full throttle closer to 3600rpm's?

Mike..........

that is what I was thinking?? Does it require calibration?

HorseFixer

WTF never thought of it You guys are on it! :thumbs: Guess Im used to looking at the Tack on my jeep! :thumbs: I Bet I need to adjust a setting :thumbs: prolly came preset on 2 cycle mode or something! :drool: Well Hi Ho, Hi Ho, out in the Cold AZZ weather I GO! :drool: Be back in a bit if it works with some pictures... If it don't? Well looks like I will be introducing it to my Ole' Pal Sluggo! :thumbs:

TT

K Kohler singles fire every other revolution, not every revolution like many of the other small engines.

They do require a special tach, or you can just double the reading on the "wrong' ones.

HorseFixer

K Kohler singles fire every other revolution, not every revolution like many of the other small engines.

They do require a special tach, or you can just double the reading on the "wrong' ones.

Thanks TT good point! :thumbs:

Operator

Sluggo could fix that minor problem. :thumbs:

HorseFixer

Well Real men don't need To read the Destructions! :drool: Well that were it! :thumbs: After reading the destructions and setting it to the setting to fire every other revolution as TT suggested It worked like a champ. I think I would contribute the difference at full throttle of 240 RPM ~ 3360 from 3600 is due to the Hydraulic pump drag? :thumbs: What do you guys think? Thanks Sparky & TT :thumbs:

Tractor Full Throttle 3360 RPM... How do ya like me now! :thumbs::drool:

DSCN2880.jpg

Idle Adjustment Destructions :drool:

IDLE.jpg

Tractor At Idle 960

DSCN2883.jpg

Sparky

I think I would contribute the difference at full throttle of 240 RPM ~ 3360 from 3600 is due to the Hydraulic pump drag? :thumbs: What do you guys think?

Tractor Full Throttle 3360 RPM... How do ya like me now! :thumbs::thumbs:

Cant you pull up on the tranny disengaging handle so theres no load on the motor? I thought only the Eatons like on my 416 were "on" all the time?

Mike.......

nylyon

My C-160 the parking brake will disengage the transmission.

HorseFixer
I think I would contribute the difference at full throttle of 240 RPM

Jim_M

You need to set your governor to 3600 rpm by moving the throttle stop on the block slightly, if you want to hit 3600 rpm.

VinsRJ

From your vids and pics it looks like the Snow Chucker is running/working just fine. So it doesn't hit the max RPM who cares.... if it aint broke don't fix it!

BTW you've got a nice set up in there. :thumbs:

tmessenger

I don't know if I would trust my engine to a $20 tachometer if it reads 10% low and you set it to 3600 say good-bye to your rod. 3300 sounds safe to me without first verifying its accuracy.

tm

HorseFixer

Yep! I think I should leave well enough alone. I think its close enough to call it good! Heck Rev that engine up and I might blow snow to China! :thumbs: Hey speaking of China my Temp Gauger/Clock as you can see in the pictures has been flippin out so I did an Flee Bay upgrade for $10.95 shipping included.

TEMP.jpg

chris11

how about a GPS ? :thumbs:

HorseFixer

Well now that you mentioned that How about this Jensen JHD910. :thumbs: You Can get with Jensen mini speakers, outdoor rubber antenna & Mount, And Jensen headphones. :thumbs:

JENSEN.jpg

JENSEN2.jpg

Operator

Those are nice radios Duke, a tad expensive but great quality.

dkopp

Bypass the governor, go for 5 grand on the tack and chuck that snow farther than you have ever done!

JC 1965

I have one of those ( hour-tach gauges ) just like that one on my Kohler K301 and it works great. I got it at Northern about 2 years ago. If you read the instructions carefully ( instructions are a bit confusing ) it will tell you how to calibrate it for the engines that fire on every second revolution.Like the Kohlers do. Good Luck!!

:thumbs:

stevasaurus

Duke...do you have a sleeper cab on that tractor? It looks to nice to get out of. :thumbs:

Duff

Duke...do you have a sleeper cab on that tractor? It looks to nice to get out of. :thumbs:

Oh for Gawd sakes, don't give him any more ideas! :thumbs:

Duff :thumbs:

chris11

I think hes going to plow for the state............................