Sign in to follow this  
420lse

46 years of service comes to an end

420lse

You got to love it. 46 years and lots of cracks but the drive belt finally gave up.

The next belt might out live me :thumbs:

Starter655004.jpg

stevasaurus

Not bad...how far did you have to push it?? My equipment malfunctions always seem to happen at the far end of the driveway. :thumbs:

WH Raider10

Kinda similar happend to me,I was driving the raider 10 in the woods when it started to make a funny noise: blub,blub,blub...out of gas!!! Had to walk a pretty long distance home to get some gas. :thumbs::thumbs: :thumbs:

420lse

I was plowing my neighbors driveway across the street. :thumbs:

6wheeler

I just wish they would have made these belts to last awhile :thumbs: Its good to know, that way I should have at least 10 to 15 more years before I have to worry :thumbs:

HorseFixer

Damn cheap belts! <_< Jeesh ya figure it could have made it to at least a good even 50. :thumbs: :thumbs:

ron2681

you wont out live the next belt cuz they dont make 'em like that anymore.

farmer

Make a claim....under the 50 year warranty. :thumbs:

theoldwizard1

WOW !

I thought I was doing good when the original battery in my 1998 Ford E150 Club Wagon lasted 13 years. Not even close !

Sparky

And that folks is why we should all be buying OEM belts from our TORO/WH dealer and not something "close" from TSC or NAPA. Support your local dealer if you want him/her to be around. I know I do.

Mike...........

HeneryHawk

That is awesome. I would never think a belt could last that long.

JonW

Maybe some super glue and turn the belt around might get another few years out of her........

:thumbs:

redtin

Should i now belt up!

must have been kev in it.

varosd

isnt it like TP (toliet paper), you have to use BOTH sides! seriously, my 77 WH drive belt still holding up but, shhhh! don't want to jinx it!

COMMANDO1

I went to the local lawn and garden store yesterday and got an air filter for the commando, also ordered a drive belt just to have around. The counter guy tried to get me to buy an aftermarket one that he had on the shelf. oem on order $31.00

WH Raider10

The belt of my raider 10 is still kicking after 37 years! Those things are tough made! If you look at the new lawnmowers you can buy these days,every 1-2years you can do maintenance on your belts... :thumbs::thumbs:

C-ya :thumbs:

420lse

I went to the local lawn and garden store yesterday and got an air filter for the commando, also ordered a drive belt just to have around. The counter guy tried to get me to buy an aftermarket one that he had on the shelf. oem on order $31.00

It appears from the comments here, that's money well spent :thumbs:

Gene_S

And that folks is why we should all be buying OEM belts from our TORO/WH dealer and not something "close" from TSC or NAPA. Support your local dealer if you want him/her to be around. I know I do.

Mike...........

You are 100% right Mike... :thumbs:

Go buy a new belt at Toro P/N 9691 and you wont be disappointed Moe...

Kelly

I just bought a new one from my local dealer for my round hood project, they even had it in stock, $23 part no, 9691 like Gene said

Gene_S

Plus the cool thing about the Toro belts I've bought is that they say wheel horse on them...

420lse

I put a green NAPA belt I had lying around on her so I could finish the neighbors driveway but will be ordering an oem and use the NAPA as a back-up. Like I'll need a back up :thumbs: 46 more years. That will make me only 100 yrs young.