Sign in to follow this  
malichi1999

1975 C-160 Tractor and Attachments

malichi1999

It caught fire! I have a 1975 Wheelhorse C-160 eight speed with mowing deck, dump cart, leaf sweeper, and aerator attachments. While mowing it developed a leak in the fuel line and within minutes the whole thing was on fire. I have replacement cost insurance, but am having a hard time figuring out how much it is worth. Any thoughts on where to look to get a reasonable price for the replacement cost? The tractors made today don't seem to stack up. Thanks.

Mike

rmaynard

:thumbs:

I'm sure the insurance company is only going to pay replacement cost on what was lost, so a '75 C-160 in good shape should be valued at around $300.00 to $500.00.

This is based on what I have seen on eBay and Craigslist over the last year, and what has been posted in the For Sale section here on the forum.

Just my opinion, and not to be considered gospel.

can whlvr

thats exactly what i paid 4 mine,300 4 tactor and 100 4 blower

Brrly1

Ok, before I would get to involved do you have any pictures of the said machine before it caught fire? Also maybe some of the pictures of the attachments before I would give out any prices. I have seen really good looking C160's bring some good money. Like ag's tires, wheel weights etc; there are alot of different variables. :thumbs:

:thumbs:

:thumbs: :thumbs:

bell

Also, which attachment(s) were on it when it caught fire? They will probably only replace the one(s) that was/ were damaged by the fire...

B-8074

In my experience with insurance the replacement cost may be based on an equivelent machine available today. For instance, if you can find out what the tractor sold for new in 1975. Then how much the deck was in 75 because I believe the deck as well as other attachments were sold separately.

Make sure they classify your tractor as a garden tractor and not a lawn tractor. Who make out real good. Good luck :thumbs:

Ken B

Pictures are an absolute must. There is no way I'd ever let my C-160 go for 500 bucks.

Even if you got back the value of a REAL nice C-160 I'm sure the Insurance company would much rather pay that than the cost of a new garden tractor.

rmaynard

There is no way I'd ever let my C-160 go for 500 bucks.

You are right. I would not let any of my B-100's go for that price, but that is not the way an insurance company thinks. All they are interested in is finding an equivalent replacement. If they find a C-160 that is for sale, and it is in basically the same condition as the damaged one (pre-fire), and it can be had for $300.00, that is what you will get. Trust me on this one. I have been there.

wheel horse tractor guy

I almost bought one for $450 it had a mowerdeck and plow. It was not in good shape so i didn't buy it. But that goes to show you what you can get for yours good luck :thumbs:

Olratlr

Good Luck with the Insurance Company. :thumbs:

mavfreak

don't take the first offer. My experience with insures companies is that they'll start talking deprecation value. And if your deductible will also be in the mix.

A few years ago we had a very bad wind storm that flipped a trampoline onto my car and my wifes car and sister in law's car. Cars were not covered by home owners cause they were not in the garage and we did not have natural disaster ins on them. The trampoline was two years old and cost us $560 (still had reseat) with our deductible of $250 I decided to turn in on ins. I got a check for $8. Because of deprecation. And to add insult to injury our home owners ins went up from $400 a year year to $540 a year for the next 5 years. The damage to the cars was close to $7000 for all of them and my in law was going to sue us cause it happened on our property. I tried changing ins companies but I guess we are high risk now that we made a claim and staying with the company we have is cheaper.

The reason I said all this is in talking with my ins agent I found out that if the trampoline hit the house or did damage to my neighbor's house or if my garage fell down on the cars my homeowners would have covered it all with no deductible. but because all of this happened on the property and not within the structures on the property then it isn't covered. So now I have a rider on my coverage to cover such a thing as this. But I found out through buying this rider that now my lawn mower is covered for any reason something should happen to it. Were before this it was only covered if it was inside a structure!

I would make sure of everything before you turn in on ins to make sure its covered before you sign anything.

Sorry so long winded! :thumbs: