Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

Tried out my round hood project tractor

Kelly

Well I built the round hood to use so I put a blower on it, and a set of chains and weights, still need to blast and paint the wheels for it, but I tried it out in the snow in the back yard, it did pretty good, it's not the 520, but I was happy with it, it warmed up to 31 deg. so the snow is very wet and heavy, it packed in the auger right in the middle, so it was not throwing like it should, but still tossed it out 15' only issue I had was the throttle cable moved in the P clamp and I did not have full throttle, but it is kinda cool to use a round hood to work.

I'll tell you another thing, it's a ruff ride with 4 link chains and no seat pad :thumbs:

100_3268.jpg

100_3266.jpg

Gerry w

Damn Kelly!

That's too pretty to work..... :thumbs: Nice rig! Those 4 links do bounce you around!

Lane Ranger

Looks very good Kelly!

Those round hoods with a snowthrower will surprise you what they can do even in heavy wet snow!!

A lot more fun than shoveling and your tractor looks great!

:thumbs:

Sparky

Very cool :thumbs: . Looks like the blower could use a shot of non-stick cooking spray all over it :thumbs: .

Mike.........

145Automatic

Nice looking rig Kelly. Thanks for posting. I like to see old horses set up to work. Gives me some much needed motivation to get working on my round hood. I have visions of it hooked up to the cultivator and being my primary weed control machine.

Ken B

Great job Kelly. I love to see them round hoods workin. :thumbs:

can whlvr

nice job,nice to see an old girl back in form :thumbs:

can whlvr

nice job,nice to see an old girl back in form :thumbs:

VinsRJ

Very nice work, Kelly........ :thumbs:

AMC RULES

Man, is that thing just too cool Kelly. Just needs a nice shiney tombstone for the front. :thumbs:

smoreau

:thumbs: that is just too cool Kelly nothing like putting old iron to work!! It's got to make you feel great after finishing a project like that!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

JonW

Looks fantastic given the quick clean up you did to her!

Glad to see the old girl working again. :thumbs:

rydogg

Very nice looking round hood Kelly :thumbs: . I like the headlights, where do I find some like that? It's hard to find the HL-5 kit or they are out of my price range so I am looking for an alternative that looks similar.

JC 1965

Great lookin tractor, :thumbs: I'll bet your back side gets pretty cold on that metal seat also. Unless you have a little bit of natural padding, as most of us do. JUST KIDDING !! :thumbs: That little tractor almost looks to good to put to work. :thumbs: :thumbs:

fabricator2009

:thumbs:

dandan111

Love the hyd lift! Perfect for that blower.

SAM58

:thumbs: :thumbs:

Kelly

Thanks guys.

Ryan the headlights are cheap driving lights I picked up at Walmart, for $20 the mounting bar is a orig. one, I could not use a set of my orig. lights though, like you said they cost to much to chance breaking them.

Jerry I don't have much extra padding of my own, I'm only 180 lbs, I was not out to long, but I bet it would be cold.

Here is the link to the clean up and mechanical rebuild.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=24891

perry

looks good :thumbs: you need a HOT SEAT

Suburban 550

Looks good, Kelly. :thumbs: Not as comfortable as the newer horses, but they get the job done and are alot of fun to use. Had to change the transmission in mine Sunday mornin' because it was jammin' up in gears. Put another 3 speed in it, but next time it will have a high/low range like yours. :thumbs: