Sign in to follow this  
tmessenger

K241 governor shaft oil leak ?

tmessenger

Have a oil drip out of the governor cross shaft on my K241, don't see a seal of this shaft in the manual, anyone have any ideas.

Thanks Tim

TT

Nope, no seal. You could try a new brass bushing nut, but usually when oil starts pushing out around the governor shaft, it's caused by excess crankcase pressure. (seems to be a popular topic of discussion on here lately :thumbs: )

Make sure the dipstick is sealed - and you should probably check and clean the crankcase breather too - unless you already know the engine is getting "tired".

• Like 1

tmessenger

Nope, no seal. You could try a new brass bushing nut, but usually when oil starts pushing out around the governor shaft, it's caused by excess crankcase pressure. (seems to be a popular topic of discussion on here lately :thumbs: )

Make sure the dipstick is sealed - and you should probably check and clean the crankcase breather too - unless you already know the engine is getting "tired".

Thanks for the info, already check the breather and it was perfectly clean with no indication of blow by, engine runs great and makes full power, dipstick is screw in type. I have another brass nut on a parts engine, I'll try that.

Tim

rmaynard

Governor bushing should be torqued to 100/120 INCH lbs. Note Inch/lbs. not ft./lbs.