Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

C-160 Update

combatmp29r

I think you sell yourself short on your painting skills Karl. The engine looks just as good as the rest of the tractor from here :WRS: Seriousely its looking awesome, it even knows it has an attach-a-matic now :whistle:

nylyon

The T-Bar isn't on yet. It is painted but my friend needed measurements so I am holding off until I know he's good, then on it goes. I sanded and painted Mikes hitch also, but I still need to paint the pin and spacers (grey) before I install it.

Decals go on on Friday :whistle:

Next up is the dash panel and some other misc painting, brackets and such.

edit: next up is the wheels, THEN the dash and other misc items along with the deck.

nylyon

So are some chrome hubcaps in the 160's future.... :whistle:

:D

I see them on eBay and the are too expensive for me, but I would LOVE to get chrome hub caps on this tractor. The older style with the red painted horse. I'm thinking of taking the hub caps off the 416 just to see how it will look. :WRS:

kj4kicks

I can't see that "T" bar though. :whistle::D

I can't see the "TT" bar either, but the engine and tractor are looking great !

:WRS: :D

T-Mo

Karl,

It's looking better and better everyday. It looks great, just awesome. :whistle:

WH69GT-14

wow it looks awesome :WRS: hope my gt 14 looks like that someday :whistle:

Sparky

Lookin good Karl. Maybe you should strap it down on the sports car and bring it to the "Big Show".

Heck if the car craps out the C-160 can tow it back to NY.

Mike........

Rollerman

Excelent Karl, your newest tractor is looking great. :whistle:

nylyon

Ok, guys I get it I have to install the "TT" bar, and Mike's hitch. Well here they are...

IM000003-1.jpg

IM000004-1.jpg

Next up is those wheels, haven't found the right paint yet will probably need to go to an autoparts store.

DMESS

She's looking beautiful Karl! :whistle:

CasualObserver

I think that has to be the cleanest Uni-Drive case I've ever seen!

Lookin' good :WRS: Karl! Can't wait to see it with some shiny wheels too! :whistle:

MaineDad

Coming out nice Karl. How do the hydraulics work?

nylyon

The hydraulics work great but the lift cylinder leaks a little. I'm still looking for a replacement, just not the highest on the list at the moment. I also need to replace that big honking spool valve with the correct one which will make it look so much nicer. These show up on eBay occassionally so I'll have to keep my eye out. I think that Jeff in Hartford has both, I'll have to see how much he is looking to get for his.

I'm excited by how great this is looking, can't wait to get the wheels painted up and the rest of the decals on. I haven't decided if this will see any "real" work or not.

T-Mo

Karl, it's looking great. I'm enjoying your daily updates as each day brings new improvements and upgrades. Looking good.

Sparky

I'm excited by how great this is looking, can't wait to get the wheels painted up and the rest of the decals on. I haven't decided if this will see any "real" work or not.

So we're not gonne see it with a plow hooked up smashin into pricker bushes :whistle: ? But Karl....you promised!

Mike..........

nylyon

Got the coil painted up and the choke cable bracket. I didn't paint the coil bracket, it cleaned up nicely and I am thinking of leaving it like that or painting it an accent color instead of red :whistle: I haven't bought any more paint, which I still need to get some black for the dash and solonoid, and rim paint. This weekend I am going to see if my drainpipe exhaust can be bent.