Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

C-160 Update

CasualObserver

Brittany has adjusted quite well to the loss of the C-120 and Electro, don't you think?

Loss? From that grin you'd think she kicked them out!

That sounds nice just like it is. Bend it, paint it and you've got the muffler done. :whistle:

nylyon

This tractors official name is Chimchar

DP305.jpg

Too bad all I will have for the next few weeks is dial-up as I would love to watch that video. :whistle:

Thank you Terry. The movie is very small so give it a shot

Confused99

Growing up I used a chrome drain pipe as a exhaust stack on a lawn tractor. I bought the "J" shaped pipe and cut half way through the "J" to make a 90 turn up. It worked great. I would be alittle worried about bending a drain pipe. My guess is it will either kink and/or the chrome will chip off. That may not be a big deal since it's under the hood where this would happen.

Just my thoughts :whistle:

Jason

mailman

Nice pic and even nicer video. I can only hope my son gets to be that good in driving the horses. She's not bad at all and that's at least second gear in a gear driven tractor. She's moving!

Thanks for sharing Karl!

Chimchar? not sure what that is, :whistle: but I'm sure I'll find out.

Sparky

Hmmm...I guess your hunt for a C-160 is back on now eh? That appears to be Brittany's tractor now.

Oh well. I hope the one you get for yerself is as nice as her tractor :whistle: .

Mike...............

kj4kicks

Well, Karl, I'd say you lost another one to your daughter.

Maybe she'll let you ride it once so we can see a video of you !

BTW, LOVE the new avatar !

perry

BTW, LOVE the new avatar !

yes, that avatar ROCKS! :whistle: .

great video also. :WRS:

shennosy

tell me how to get more PTO power? I changed the clutch plates. STAYED THE SAME .how did you install c-clips on the bar?

nylyon

shennosy, Welcome to RedSquare. Is your PTO slipping? If so that is adjusted by the trunion on the engagement rod. I used snap-ring pliers to install the outer snap ring on the PTO shaft. There is a snap ring on the inside as well, but that one was already there.

:whistle:

linen beige

Brittany has adjusted quite well to the loss of the C-120 and Electro, don't you think?

That's obvious, but how well are you adjusting to the loss of the C-160 to her?:WRS:

My twin girls are only 3 1/2 right now, but I can't wait 'til they get big enough to pull the starter ropes on my RJ and suburban :whistle:(Guess I'd better get 'em restored, huh?).

KyBlue

Sounds pretty good, and she looks right at home driving it.. she'll be a good helper to ya

nylyon

I put on the C-160 Auto decal, the rear decal, attach-a-matic decals. Waiting for the hood to finish curing (another 8 days) then the hood decals go on. No pictures because it is raining, but what a diffence decals make. 8 days and counting for the hood!

Tomorrow, I should have the paint in hand and work beginning on the engine and lift T-Bar. I am hoping to get a seat tomorrow as well. After they are all painted up, this will look pristine.

T-Mo

Sounds like you're making real good progress on it, Karl. As good as it looks now, I can't wait for the finished product. :whistle:

nylyon

Oh, and the wheels too. I hope to get them done too, so by next weekend all the paint and decals should be pretty close to finished. I'm still looking for the hydraulic parts, and I have to order up my set of foot pads, but I am really looking forward to next weekend!

kj4kicks

Hey Karl, Sounds like you're having some fun!

Don't know if I told you or not, but the engine oil and trans filter & oil, were NOT touched. So when you head into the city (LOL) pick up a filter and some oil.

That filter wasn't red cuz it was NOS ! :whistle:

E.

nylyon

Thanks Eldon. I didn't think that it was changed and for now that's okay since it's in the Garage. After the rest of the work is completed, I am planning on a fluid change, points, condenser and plug changes to make it good for the season. I am having a blast with this!

KyBlue

Its awesome that your having so much fun ... to be honest I look forward to logging on and seeing what your workin on, and what youve gotten accomplished ... cant wait to see shots with the decals on!

nylyon

Good productive day. I have some pictures which I will post a little later. First up today was fixing that left front tire. Eldon gave me a replacement because the tire on there stays inflated for about 1 or 2 hours. It took a while to remove the old tire from the rim because they used rim sealant. Once removed I got off all the sealant and put the new tire on the rim. Next off to TSC to pick up some spray paint and hopefully a new seat. I found the IH red but not in the restorative cans in the implement. Since I am painting the rear hitch, lift bar and engine shrouds, I thought it would work out just fine.

Came home, put on the seat... Ummmm nice and soft, it really changes the way things ride. I left the springs on, and the new seat is about 3 inches higher than the original, mostly foam cushioning. This seat will go on the 414-8 once I find a nice original 74 seat. I took apart the engine shrouds, sanded everything down nice and smooth and shot it with primer including the air cleaner. That will need to dry, then it will get wet sanded and painted.

Things are coming along well, after this I will work in the rims. After the rims the deck will get stripped down. From looking at the deck it's solid and it seems that it will just need to be sanded down, primed, painted and new fasteners put in. Still need to find the belt guard and I'll need to get some decals as well.

IM000018-1.jpg

That's all for now....

KyBlue

Good Progress!!

T-Mo

It does sound like another productive day, Karl. It's coming along nicely. Nice seat, btw. It really will shine when the rims are done.

kj4kicks

Way cool Coach !!

:whistle: :WRS:

Rollerman

Looks great Karl...I bet the new seat is comfy.

I generally run aftermarket seat on all my horses...I find I can set them back farther.

So are some chrome hubcaps in the 160's future.... :whistle:

DMESS

Hey, the horse even knows its name now! I see you were doing a little decal work. :whistle:

Looks great karl!

nylyon

Couldn't do much today, but I got the engine done. Still need to paint the coil and fasteners but here's the idea.

IM000006-2.jpg

TT

:WRS: WOW ! That is looking great, Karl!

I can't see that "T" bar though. :whistle: :D