Sign in to follow this  
wheelhorse656

awwwwh crap!

wheelhorse656

well i went to sart up my wheelhorse 656 toaday ad it started making a very loud knocking noise. and i mean it is bad not a little slite knock its load and sounds like the crank is completely loose. i just took it apart a moth ago to paint it and put new seals and rings in it and give it a gasket over hual kit. i torqued everything down to speck and it burns me it did this. :banghead: This really just makes me sick. what really makes me sick is i dident even have a knock or anything after the slite overhual. well i gusse ill have to pull it and go on head ad finish rebuilding it. I really should have done that when it was all apart. But on a 15 year olds buget it really dident seem possible at the time. :thumbs::ROTF: Well at least i have a brand new rod and i have already bought the rings so all i need is to do is just buy the new piston and pin and clips which shoudent cost to much. hopefully:praying:. well i gusse ill catch you later Bye Jordan

P.S. i feel like shooting my self for selling that pisto i have for this tractor. :hide:

Sparky

Is this your only tractor? Hopefully you have a "backup" machine.

Good luck with the rebuild and I hope its not as major as you think.

Mike.........

rmaynard

Sorry about your problems there. The only way to find out what you need it to take it apart. Once you know what you need, we have some members that can get you parts at cost. That's one way that you will be able to save a little money. Good luck.

wheelhorse656

Is this your only tractor? Hopefully you have a "backup" machine.

Good luck with the rebuild and I hope its not as major as you think.

Mike.........

yes this is my only tractor :banghead: . But i am looking for another one! :thumbs:

corn53

Good luck with the rebuild and also with u'r hunting!!! :banghead:

VinsRJ

Sorry to hear about the issue. From now on...... if it aint-broke, don't fix it. :thumbs:

Tear it down and let us know what may have failed.

Torino

Your not alone. I had that happen to my JD 216. It always ran good did not burn oil or smoke. My cleanest and best looking tractor. Went out to crank it and WHAM, WHAM WHAM. Have not had time to check it out.

wheelhorse656

Your not alone. I had that happen to my JD 216. It always ran good did not burn oil or smoke. My cleanest and best looking tractor. Went out to crank it and WHAM, WHAM WHAM. Have not had time to check it out.

mine sounds just as bad ifg not worse. :thumbs: . i have checked all things it could be that do not involve tearing the thing apart. looks like im out of luck. oh well.

Torino

I have checked all things it could be that do not involve tearing the thing apart.

What did you check? Maybe I should do the same. Did a compression check it was 150.

wheelhorse656

i checked the valve gap wich if it is to wide can cuase knocking. i alos checked the flywheel torque and if you have magnents you might want to check thier tighness as well. i also checked to see if the starter was tightend up so it was not jumping all over the place possibly cuaseing a knocking noise. then finally i checked the pully on the pto shaft to see if it was loose and banging up agianst the engine block. to bad non of these simple fixes were the cuase of my problems :thumbs: . hope this helps you! talk to you later Jordan

KB9LOR

Jordan sent you a PM..... and be SURE to use locktight on all bolts on the internal parts, you may have had a bolt loosen on the crank.

clintonnut

I doubt you need to replace the rings and piston. I have had the bolts forthe connecting rod come loose. It happens really quick.

Charlie

gdhile

I worked on a wheel horse for a guy and it was doing the same i checked for carbon buildup on the head everything i could think of but i never checked the flywheel the nut came off it was a lucky and quick fix good luck

wheelhorse656

im gunna Start tearing her apart tomorrow and see what i can find out. ill post a video of her geting taken apart!

wheelhorse656

took it apart no damage!!!! the crank came loos a little bit and the timeing was off a tooth. i put on my thread lock and torqued them to speck! just need to pick up a gasket to seal the block back and i am good to go! :thumbs: i am just gald it did not do any major damage or anything un repairable. :thumbs: ill post a video of her on fire up! :thumbs: Bye Jordan :thumbs:

corn53

Cant wait to hear it run!!! Gald it wasn`t a large problem. Good luck :thumbs:

wheelhorse656

well i got it back together and it runs no Knock! :thumbs: but i do have a click coming from my valves wich will be replaced in the spring. :thumbs: ill get the video poseted soon! :thumbs: