Shuboxlover

Blower belt length

Shuboxlover

What is the size of the belt for my 42" blower on my C-160

Is it 69"?

What is the width?

Thanks

TT

The #9750 :thumbs: belt crosses to a Gates "Powerated"6969 - which is 69" long X 21/32" wide.

Make sure you install the new one correctly. :banghead:

TT

Going to have to get this made into a sticker:

BR549.jpg

maybe this one too:

throwerchain.jpg

Shuboxlover

Thanks guys...

By the way, how the heck would you install it incorrectly?? :banghead:

varosd

Ah, well I did buy a ST this past Summer and the guy had it hooked up to his 310-8 to show me that it worked, dropped it off at my house and even made sure to show me how to hook it all up and run it. I didnt know about RS at that time. well, since the belt/blower ran fine and the auger turned...great. Then I find RS and noted that the pinned ST belt routing pictures didnt look like mine...the guy had the idler arm with the 2 pulleys flipped upside downa nd had connected the spring and it still worked and blew snow!

I realized that it was wrong and undid the spring and simply flipped the idler arm the correct way and reconnected the spring. :banghead:

can we get those diagram spinned with the ST and Snowplow threads?..they look great..yeah, they should have made stickers to apply to the attachment like the decks!

frankiefiredog

Oddly enough, there are belt routing diagram stickers on my 42" RD mower. Couldn't they have added one to the ST? lol Where's the sticker guy? lol

can whlvr

today i went tot our local auto parts store(like a napa,but independant)and proceeded to order a 69 inch belt for my thrower,i just burned 2 with the last storm,i got them at a local bearing store,they didnt tell me that a normal belt is not designed to roll on its back,the auto store guys asked what its for and told me to use a belt designated to go on setups like our throwers,any one else hear of this

Shuboxlover

any one else hear of this

NO....but that doesn't mean anything... :thumbs: :thumbs:

Sparky

today i went tot our local auto parts store(like a napa,but independant)and proceeded to order a 69 inch belt for my thrower,i just burned 2 with the last storm,i got them at a local bearing store,they didnt tell me that a normal belt is not designed to roll on its back,the auto store guys asked what its for and told me to use a belt designated to go on setups like our throwers,any one else hear of this

He's right. You say you burned thru two this season allready :thumbs: ? I bought my single stage blower 4-5 years ago and put a brand new Wheel Horse belt on it at that time and its still works perfectly today.

Get a genuine TORO/WH belt and you'll be all set.

Mike........

can whlvr

what they mean is does it roll on a FLAT idler,as well as on the v idler