Sign in to follow this  
JUSS10

diesel engine question

sgtsampay

Salty, what engine do you have on there? Jsut curious.

Jim_M

got a call from the guy with the engine. he told me to look at this on ebay, this is the same engine just he said his is bigger.

It looks awful tall. I don't know if you would be able to put a hood on your tractor with that engine.

SALTYWRIGHT

HI...IT IS A CARROL STREAM MOTOR. IT IS A YANMAR MADE IN CHINA IT WAS LESS THAN $500 DELIVERED. (2009) THE HOOD CLOSES FINE. RUSS

Jim_M

Russ,

I've got 2 of those and they fit under the hood fine. I was talking about the Wisconsin engine in his link. It looks a lot taller than our engines.

Jim

SALTYWRIGHT

I CHECKED THE DIM. BEFORE I ORDERED IT. I AM VERY HAPPY WITH MINE. I ALSO PUT THE CRANE ON THE BACK. THAT CAN PICK UP 900 LBS. NEXT I AM GOING TO REMOVE THE STEERING WHEEL AND MAKE IT REMOTE CONTROL STEERING. RUSS

sgtsampay

Salty. I noticed that the prices now are around $500ish bucks or $600 shipping. I think I will jsut save up and got this route, as these ltitle diesels seems to barley use any fuel and are easy to maintine. I also love the fact that they can be pull started. :thumbs:

Thanks for the inspiration. Also, got any pictures of you putting it on the horse an such?

Lastly, does it start hard in the cold weather? Any tricks to get it to start easy?

SALTYWRIGHT

IT IS VERY HARD TO START BY HAND. VERY GOOD WITH ELEC. START. ALL A DIESEL NEEDS IS CLEAN FUEL. RUSS

can whlvr

u can put a magnetic heater on it before u need it,i have to plug in my skidsteer when its cold,but if i do it starts no problem(it has a block heater)

JUSS10

alright, so I'm still talking with this guy about the motor. he is getting me some measurements. i was looking at that ebay listing and it looks like the max RPM for these engines is 2000 rpms. now if i would get this, it would go in my GT-14, is that a high enough RPM for the hydro to work properly? just want to make sure on all of this before i jump on it. thanks

Justin

dkopp

I'd love to get my hands on one of these and drop it into my horse.

25LD330-2.gif

Like this maybe:

http://www.bikudo.com/product_search/detai...coil_start.html

Maybe...but the engine I posted is an inline Lombardini twin. The import would be a heck of a lot cheaper though. :thumbs:

sorekiwi

i was looking at that ebay listing and it looks like the max RPM for these engines is 2000 rpms. now if i would get this, it would go in my GT-14, is that a high enough RPM for the hydro to work properly? just want to make sure on all of this before i jump on it. thanks

Justin

I'm not sure that 2000 rpm would be enough for the hydro to operate correctly, or for the fan to cool the hydro either.

Pulley swap to bring the (hydro) rpm up?

hm12460

Justin, i'm going to do a diesel swap also, probably a year from this spring on my 312-8. I would not recommend buying the used engine you are contemplating, unless you KNOW FOR SURE it is compatible with your donor tractor. As cheap as new one's are, i just don't think it's worth the effort. If you can get it dirt cheap, might be okay to use just for the experience until it dies. Parts availability is important.

baerpath

I'd love to get my hands on one of these and drop it into my horse.

[Maybe...but the engine I posted is an inline Lombardini twin. The import would be a heck of a lot cheaper though. :thumbs:

Don't know about that, just bought a 18hp Lambridini for 150.00 :thumbs: Keep checking craigslist and the GT diesel pulling sites there out there

Duane