Sign in to follow this  
elixir20

Briggs 16hp ?

elixir20

Hi guys,

I have a '79 C-161 twin with the 16hp briggs model 401417, type 0130 01. Does anyone know if model 401117 type 0010 01 would be a bolt on replacement? It apparently came off of a water pump...I am thinking of purchasing this if it is the same unit. I found the model I have on PartsTree, but they do not recognize the 401117 model. Thanks.

sgtsampay

I think the model number may be 401417-0010-01. If this helps anyone.

KB9LOR

Don't know if it is a direct bolt-on or not, make sure the crank(where the bell clutch goes) is the same size as yours, and the bolt pattern are the same, if so it wshould work.

sgtsampay

I can measure the bolt pattern tomorrow and post that info up.. Good idea KB. I can also get the diameter of the crank but I'm fairly sure its 1in.

Sparky

Was it a pull start water pump? You'll need to swap a bunch of parts off yours to get it to be an electric start unit with a charging system if it was a pull start.

Mike.......

TT

If you know both model & type numbers are accurate, you can compare part numbers at one of the many websites. (like PartsTree)

Crankshafts used in pump applications often have a threaded end to attach the impeller.