Sign in to follow this  
hoppy

Tech Carb Help...needle seat install

hoppy

After getting a few differant answers from guys on a minbike site and looking at a manual can you guys please confirm what way the seat should be for the needle?

the manual shows it seating in to the "non" bullseye side. so to me that means the flat side and the groved side of the seat should go down the hole first so the needle seats in the flat side. guys are saying the needle should seat in the bullseye or grooved side. .............what gives? the manual says this and thse guys say that.

im confused and am not sure if mine is in correctly. i put the groove side in the hole, and pushed it down so that tha needle seats in the flush side. i would think the manual wouldnt lie. if you want to look for your selfs go look at the manual provided in the other post about engine ID and carbs. thanks

TT

The needle seats in the flat side.

Anglo Traction

As with Terry, I would advise installing it as per the Manual... Groove side down in the recess. They make the 'Seat' that way for 2 reasons. 1 is for intentifying which way round it goes so the needle seats in properly. 2 the grooves in the other side provide a cushion effect and a hydraulic vacuum to help retain the seal/seat in place. The drop of oil applied when fitting it provides ease of fitting and the vacuum effect.

Mine consistently held 2 psi on the 'Pop Off' test after fitting. So I'm happy with following the Manual.