Sign in to follow this  
Teddy da Bear

Portland Indiana Swap Meet

Teddy da Bear

I was under the impression at first that this swap meet was going to be over a weekend. Now I see it is an entire week long. (This Monday thru Sunday)

I want to get a feel of when is the right time to go in order to see the most?

I mean if I wait until next weekend is everything going to be picked over and people packing up to leave?

Mike

Niles, Mi

bo dawg

I was under the impression at first that this swap meet was going to be over a weekend. Now I see it is an entire week long. (This Monday thru Sunday)

I want to get a feel of when is the right time to go in order to see the most?

I mean if I wait until next weekend is everything going to be picked over and people packing up to leave?

Mike

Niles, Mi

The story I'm told is the best is during the week. People will be watching at the gate

as they come in like vultures and follow it through. But also Saturday morning is the auction and what dont go during the week will be auction.

bo dawg

BPjunk

I know when I got there on a Thursday for the August event is was mobbed already.

Yeah the early bird get the worm at places like this. :whistle:

Bill in Richmond, Va.

whlpny

I am here at the swap meet and the turnout is pretty good! Its supposed to rain Wed and Sat. so I would say Thursday or Friday will be the best days. We are along the back fence by the factory- stop in and say high- we have about a dozen different Horses here to sell.

Lane Ranger

My father and uncle and I were at the Portand, Indiana Swap meeting (Ran from May 12 thru the 17th) the first day at about 9:30 am. Folks were lined up bring swap stuff in and coming to buy.

Good array of Wheel Horse's and other brands, parts, old, new, decals, tools, and every kind of small engine you could think of were present. I bought several tooks and other Lawn Ranger parts I needed and could use as spares.

I bouth a Lawn Ranger snow balde and set of chains for $50 in great conditon on the way out!

I saw about 45 to 50 wheel horses in all kinds of conditon for sale. My father, who is a blacksmith and has three wheel horses (2 B-80's from 1974 and a 1964 1054) almost bought a complete C-160 in great conditon for $950 as were were leaving. The guy selling it was a wheel horse dealer and sold it to somone and bought it back 30 years later.

I highly recommend going the first day. We planned this for three months in advance to get there early. Some things were going a little high that day but the volume was there in parts the first day.

If I could figure out how to post the photos from the meet I would do so on the Shows/Swap meet posting.

mikewilliams68

I got there Monday evening and stayed Tuesday and left Wednesday Evening and It was great! I don't think any one day was best because people were buying and selling and stuff was changing constantly. I picked up a C-141 Auto for dirt cheap if you ask me and was glad to get it. I have been looking for a Kohler H.P.er'ed Auto with hydro lift for 5 years and Christmas came early Boys!

Mike safe at home with lots of new toys and parts to make them go.