Sign in to follow this  
Len Haduck

broken thrower chain

Len Haduck

Hi all,

Was throwing snow last evening and all of the sudden the toro 96-42st01 stops dead with a horrible sound. Seems I threw a tire chain and the thrower ate it!!!

BLEEP!!!!!!! Chain broke and I hope thats it. Can anyone give me an idea of where to find diagram of how to reroute it. I will go to TSC tonight and get new chain and connector link. How long is the chain also? Not sure how much of the original is missing and have to fix a tire chain also....chewed it apart! Double BLEEP!!!!!

thanks

Len

TT

throwerchain.jpg

The chain is #40 roller. I buy it in bulk (10' minimum) and cut to fit.

Len Haduck

Thanks,

I just bought 10 ft myself. Murphys law in effect with new tire chains and just prettied up the thrower. :banghead: The diagram helps....I figured thats how it went, I could not find another reasonable way. I appreciate your time. As always, this site and its knowledgeable members are a tremendous resource.

thanks

Len

Kelly

Just a tip on your tire chains, when installing them let the air out of the tire, put the chains on as tight as you can, then air the tire back up, it will make the less prone to coming off, and as a added safety thing I do, I use zip ties/cable wraps to secure the locks on the chains so they don't come unlatched.

Len Haduck

Great idea on the zip ties....

Also, since the thrower chain seems to be missing a link or 2, can onyone tell me how long the chain is. I have 10 ft. to make a new one.

thanks

Len

can whlvr

i never measured ant of them,just feed one end in and around the whole system and mark where to cut,remember to put the idler to the smallest setting so ucan tighten it,and they will stretch in

Len Haduck

All fixed and ready for the next round of snow. Thanks much!

mr.pipes

Just a tip on your tire chains, when installing them let the air out of the tire, put the chains on as tight as you can, then air the tire back up, it will make the less prone to coming off, and as a added safety thing I do, I use zip ties/cable wraps to secure the locks on the chains so they don't come unlatched.

Good tip on lowering the pressure. Sounds good in theory anyways. I will give it a try though for sure.