Sign in to follow this  
hoppy

Got the tech carb kit.....where do these go?

hoppy

a local small egine shop had the #81340 kit in stock. My awesome wife picked it up on the way home from her work for me. :banghead:

ready to rebuild this baby. I have a few questions though..........................

1. the seat for the needle......im assuming it goes flat side down? one side is flat and has a few tiny numbers on it. the other side has almost a ring inside the circle.

what side goes down and what is the best way to put the new one back in without damaging it?

2. The kit came with 2 little rubber grommets. funny thing is i didnt see any of these when i took the carb apart. there may appear to be one for the screw on the side of the carb that is all mashed up and rotted.? this is more like an o-ring grommet. The other has a very small hole in the center of it. no clue where this would be used?

3. the needle clip..........the long end points towards the engine?

again thanks for all the help guys. :thumbs:

hoppy

still cant figure out what this gasket is for? is it for the drain thing in the bowl?

008-3.jpg

Buzz

still cant figure out what this gasket is for? is it for the drain thing in the bowl?

008-3.jpg

I can't tell by the size but it looks like the one. As far as installing the seat, I always put a drop of oil on it and gently pushed it in place with the right size pin punch. Remember, groove facing in.

hoppy

cool thanks.

when you say grooves facing in you mean grooves side 1st in the hole right. the diagram shows the needle seating in the flush side so that would make sense. it appears who ever went into this carb prior to me had a few things backwards. the had the needle seating into the ringed side. and als the washer for the side needle the head just under the screw head instead of under the spring so it can seal the o-ring.

before i button it up though i just want to confirm that i put the seat in the right way. ring side down the hole first so needle seats on flat side? correct?

Buzz

Yep :banghead:

camaross

instead of a punch pin i used an allen wrench as i had trouble keeping the seat from twisting before it made it all the way in