Sign in to follow this  
rick

Adding one to the herd

rick

Looked at a 416H this afternoon, took a test drive, too. It was advertised as a '94 Model, turns out it is a '90 Model. After talking to the fellow, and hearing his reasons for dating it as a '94, I feel he meant no harm. It seems that the first PO had a Toro brochure dated 1994 in with all the manuals, and there were only 60 hours on the clock when the second owner bought it in 1995. My theory is that the machine sat awhile at the dealer, and may have been sold early in 1994 to the first owner.

At any rate, I felt it was worth his asking price, since it comes with a solid 48" SD deck, a 48' snow/dozer blade, a 50" mid mount grader blade (rusty from storage, but unused)

rear wheel weights, chains, and a second rear mount (complete except "L" spacers).

It is showing 698 hours on the clock, and the "dash idiot lights" all work. I will pick it up this weekend. Now I gotta find room for all of it!

can whlvr

theres allways roon for a new horse

corn53

:banghead: Always fun when a new toy comes around!!! :thumbs:

dgoyette

Nice...I like my 1990 416-H very much. My only complaint thus far is that I am not a huge fan of the location of the motion control. It just isn't very ergonomic and I always feel like I am going to kick or hit it with my foot when I am getting off the tractor. But it is a very nice tractor, I bought mine primarily for snow removal and it does a fantastic job.

I know all about finding room too, but if I can find room for two D's and attachments I am sure you will find the room too! Just takes some time and creativity.

I Look forward to seeing some photos when you have them.

rick

I get off the tractors by throwing my right leg over the steering wheel and stepping off. I am going to enjoy the lack of the lift lever!