Sign in to follow this  
squonk

Plow handle on right?

squonk

My snow plow came off of a Raider 12. Unknown year.I put it on my 76 C-160. The numbers on the plow as as follows (the best I can make out anyway):

76 42B001 4902 6232. The plow angle handle was hitting,catching on the running board. The handle was attached to the plow this way when I got it. I added a spacer and a longer pivot bolt to get clearance. It works ok but it is a long reach from the seat when angled to the right. I've thought I've seen pics of plows with the handle offset going in towards the tractor. I see a cutout on the handle that would clear the front of the board if it was in farther. I would have to spin the handle 180 degrees and take off the release lever and spin that around too. Thoughts?

DSCF0828.jpg

DSCF0827.jpg

TT

It's backwards.

levermount3.jpg

The model number is actually 76-42BC01

Here's the IPL: LINK

smoreau

:ROTF: TT is right :thumbs::banghead:

you were thinking that it was wrong and some times you need to just go with what you think is rightgood luck

squonk

It's backwards.

levermount3.jpg

The model number is actually 76-42BC01

Here's the IPL: LINK

Thanks TT. I thought something wasn't right. Whoever got this plow originally must have had it wrong. The lever and the little wire guides will have to be turned around.

TT

The lever and the little wire guides will have to be turned around.

Exactly...... and by the looks of it, you might need to tweak the lever a little too.