Sign in to follow this  
KB9LOR

Engine Swap

KB9LOR

Well was going to put my k301 on the 14 Auto, but been fighting the Raider 10 with a Tecumseh HH100, I have nailed it down to a bad coil(It is solid state Ignition)...now I am wondering on putting that k301 on that Raider, is it a swap and run or fabrication needed? I really wanted to keep the Raider original, but am getting TO'ed at the complete lack of new parts or IF you can find them, they are astronomical in price, and no can't see paying 100bucks for a used one, when it might last ten minutes or 10 years. So how would the swap be, I await your opinions, and thanks.

TT

IF (quite huge word for only having two letters, huh?) you have all of the pieces, it's a total bolt-on conversion.

Some Raiders came from the factory with Kohlers, so all you need to do is copy one of those.

racinfool40

I feel you pain!!!My 1970 raider 12 came with an HH120 tecky after all the years of use it finally went Ka-boom.So I switched it to a K301 all I needed was a differnt Ignition switch and voltage regulater.. Was a fairly easy swap, have any other Questions let me know..As TT said all you have to do is copy a raider with the factory Kohler!! I swapped mine over in a day but I made sure I had all the parts necessary.. :banghead:

KB9LOR

Well tried my parts distributor, the coils are discontinued, sad because I could have bought them for 85 bucks new! anyways guess my old 1276 k301 and wiring harness Plus ignition switch are going onto the Raider 10, gonna set that old Techy on a shelf for now...and thanks guys for the input, I appreciate it.