Sign in to follow this  

k91 engine rebuild kit?

hi, i have a k91 thats well worn. needs boring. piston is worn. and crank measures out of round specs. machine work is no problem. any one know where i can buy a rebuild kit for the k91? (.010 under rod, .010 over piston, rings, gaskets, etc.)

i know some of you sell engine parts. i cant find the threads though.

jimmy

dgjks6

I've looked for a complete k91 rebuild kit and I can not find one. I think you are going to have to source each part gasket individually.

VinsRJ

I have not found a rebiuld kit for the k90 or k91 either. You will have to source each part..... a good place to start is OPEENGINES.COM. You will need your Spec number to look up part numbers in order to place an order. (wierd word choice :banghead: )

Try E-bay also, new Kohler piston/ring combos and gasket kits come up fairly frequently and you will save $$$'s compared to OPE and small engine outlets like Jack's Small Engines. For parts like the .10 under rod, OPE and full price maybe the only option you will have. Rods are difficult to source cheap.

I don't know if Stens repros k90-k91 parts, if they do they will be cheaper than Kohler parts but the jury is out on their over all quality IMO.