Sign in to follow this  
puddlejumper

thermadyn

puddlejumper

Any opinions on the firepower mig welders made buy thermodyne, there is a little 110 model I would say comparible to a 125 hobart on craigslist with gas kit and cart priced right if they are a decent welder. looking for opinion on this particular make of welder before I do something I regret.

Kelly

Never heard of them, so I can't comment on the brand, but beware buying a used welder, even a pretty one can be used up, try it out if you can.

smoreau

I have herd good thing about them but havent used one yet. was told that there plasma cutters are the best bang for your buck. good luck with your desision :banghead:

dryrun

Hello Puddlejumper, sorry, can't tell you much about the small thermos, But have used the larger engine powered units that were great welders. Very high quality, with Honda engines. Most of the time, these small welders are made by somebody else, and rebranded. Buyer Beware. If there's a welder supply around near you, they can help you.

My opinion, George

puddlejumper

I think I am going to pass on it. It looks good in the pictures and supposedly has only had 1 spool of wire ran through it. Thermodyn does make victor torches which I like but the ones Ive use are older ones and am not sure if there has been a changing of the gaurd or not. If it was a little closer I would take the gamble and drive. I have access to welders just looking for a small wire welder for here at the house. I will bide my time one will show up or I will bite the bullet at TSC if push comes to shove. Thanks for the replies.

:banghead: Mitch

sorekiwi

It might be worth looking into these, from Indiana Oxygen:

http://cgi.ebay.com/LINCOLN-WORK-PAK-125-M...=item1e60802ac3

I bought an earlier model about 4 years ago, have had no issues, and I really do like it. Think I paid $360 back then, they're cheaper now.