Sign in to follow this  
sgtsampay

Ok, Seriously?

sgtsampay

Hello all. I got up this morning and was excited to try out my new trottle cable on the Raider and see how well it would plow in very light snow.

Went to press the starter and got just the click of the starter tring to engage and then nothing. I did charge the battery up last night, so I know its not the battery.

So, I took the starter off and apart and my neighbor will try to fix it while I'm at work.

So, I said O well and went to use my other tractor. Ugg, the chute feel off, as one of the little pulley came loose, so I had to fix that. Then the choke froze up in the open position, so I couldn't start the engine. I had to use a little starting fluid to get it to crank, and then the choke came loose and I was on my way, or so I thought.

I got done one driveway and working on the other and then the stupid keyway sheared at the snowblower puller that goes on the shaft that drive the chain for the blower. :banghead: Now, this is an ongoing issue with the blower, ever since i got it. So, I just replace it again and finished the job.

So, I'm not having a good day so far. Ugg. Also, I have noticed that a low rpms the pto bell spins in a egg shape. So I'm wandering what is causing that as the engine has no virbrations and the bell has new bearings. So that something else i need to fix. Ugg. :ROTF:

You would think with two tractors one would work... Ugg. Thanks for listening to me vent guys... :thumbs:

stevasaurus

Well Bobby, I can't help you with the bell thingy, but I can feel your pain. I have had more then my share of days like that. :banghead: I have 3 horses ready for the snow...improves the odds and always gives me one to pull the other ones home. :thumbs: Hang in there. :ROTF:

d180man

Well Bobby, I can't help you with the bell thingy, but I can feel your pain. I have had more then my share of days like that. :banghead: I have 3 horses ready for the snow...improves the odds and always gives me one to pull the other ones home. :ROTF: Hang in there. :hide:

Hi me too ! :thumbs: :hide:

can whlvr

i too had a horseday like that also,c160 dead battery,414,starter had to be torn apart and cleaned and lubed,but at least they are easy to work on

Redbirdman

SGTSAM

So, I'm not having a good day so far. Ugg.

OK............here was my day:

Mamma's been a little testy because I have not fixed a leaky toilet, (been working on my 701 rust pock marks and my Tomahawk battery box instead),,,so I got out of the house before she woke up:

No wind and 68 degrees so I flew over to my grandaughters house, landed in the desert right behind her house and brought her the 30 miles back here before gramma woke up.

ArizonaSummer030.jpg

Gramma's happy now because her granddaughter is here!

But, Britney (my 22 year ol grandaughter) decides to go to Lowes with me to return some stuff and look for that trailer hitch T-Mo recommends.

Now grammas not that happy......

Get back from Lowes after finding out they don't have that trailer hitch so Brit and I go flying again......temp now near 80 degrees, still no wind so we go zooming through the San Tan mountains seeing the sites.

11611004.jpg

Gramma is really pissed now just because me and Brit are having so much fun!

So we land and start yakking with some other pilots that were visiting and we all end up looking at my 3 wheel horses, the airplanes.........and a couple guys were admiring my grandaughter..............(with complete respect mind you!)

Now gramma is so pissed I can see smoke coming from her head!

Anyhow, Brit and I go around the pattern once more in a beautiful sunset while gramma fixes supper and calms down..........

Today was a GRANDPA day.............all those sheety days like sgt, steve and all you guys had ..........and the really sheety days I have had in the past made today one of the best days of my life....................

HANG IN THERE guys........your special days will come too!

ED :banghead: :thumbs:

Trouty56

Cool, very cool!!

boovuc

Hi Ed,

That is way cool! Every dog has his day! Preferably day(s). You wrote about your Tomahawk battery box. I see the low wing in the picture. Being from Lock Haven, PA, is that a Piper Tomahawk you are flying?

I think all of them were made here in Clinton County!

BooVuc

Mill Hall, PA

sgtsampay

Well, my great nieghbor was able t clean up the old starter and resodler a few internal wires and then he put it all back together. I then put it on the old raider, and boom it works better than ever! Wow, glad that was an easy fix.

The big tractor, well I got back home and was able to do about 7 1/4 and then I popped the master link on the chain again. Well, this time, i think i know what popped it. The chain guard broke on the bottom and then jammed the snowblower. So I finished that yard with my walkbehind, since I had it handy at that house. Wat luck ehh? (MY best friend's home and I leave it there)

I then bring it home and fine my spare master link and come first light, I will put it back together and then go finish two more drives before work starts. :banghead:

So overall, not that bad of a day.

NOTE: man plowing is fun! I did a little plowing with the raider and it rocks and can push some snow!

sgtsampay

Redbird, nice plan adventure. THnask for sharing. :banghead:

B-8074

Glad to hear you got it all worked out. :banghead: And redbirdman sounds like you had a great time. When I was 12 I went to visit family in Oklahoma. My great uncle had a 4 seater Cesna and took me up it was amazing. He said watch this and we dropped to 75ft. and he started a drag race between us and a camaro. Needless to say we won.

JimD

Congrats on such a great day Ed. Your grand daughter looks very happy at the controls. Is she a pilot also. If not, she surely will be one day. Beautiful pics, thanks for sharing. :banghead:

chesbaycruiser

Bobby.... :thumbs:

Ed.... :banghead:

Redbirdman

SGTSAM:

I then bring it home and fine my spare master link and come first light, I will put it back together and then go finish two more drives before work starts.

So overall, not that bad of a day

Well, I'm glad there was some good came from it for you......And Sgt, I sure did not mean to take from your 'bad day'.......we have all had them, some worse than others. Like the day my 13 year old son (30 years ago) decided to grease a chain on a snowblower while it was running, and then wipe the excess grease off with a rag! Needless to say the First Aid Squad was unsure whether to carry him AND the blower to the hospital to remove his hand from the sprocket. (someone did pop the master link though) and he got out with only a few puncture wounds and a broken finger!.........That was a bad day!

Yeah Boo, that's a 1978 Tomahawk (also known as a 'Trauma'hawk--for it's reputation to spin fast and easy! But it was designed that way to train pilots the 'hard way' and how to recover quickly).

Brits not a licensed pilot but she always grabs the controls, can maintain a heading and altitude, knows the basic emergency procedures like getting the doors open (or at least unlatched) and to set radios, watch engine gauges and keep a lookout for other aircraft and really, really big birds!

And to keep the post and thread ' tractor'. Just a reminder to myself, the RJ is 'hers' and for years she still still hops on and rides it around the airport and the desert...

britrj.jpg

(Photo from back in Jersey about '95 I think)

Thanks everybody :thumbs::banghead:

ED

sgtsampay

Redbird, I enjoyed your post. Please don;t feel bad. I jsut had to vent and I always love how conversations on here migrate around. :banghead:

Sry to hear about your son's bad day. Wow. Bad though come in the my mind. Wow, hope he was able to make a full recoverey.

Thats story reminds me of what my nieghbor's 5 year old did. I was out mowing with the 211-5 and it has a stack. Well, after mowing, the boy and his father wanted to go and ride the tractor around. So after there ride, the kid gets off and lets me and the father talk. Well, during the talk ,the kid go to touch the nice and still hot exhuast stack!

Lets just say, he knows that exhuast pipes are not something you touch. I felt so bad.. Took him a few months to want to ride the tractor again. Don;t blame him.

stevasaurus

Sarge, sounds like you regrouped and are getting the best of her now. :thumbs:

Ed, you can pick me up any time if you want, I love going up in those planes. The thing you need to know is...of the 5 times I have gone up in a small plane, I have yet to land in one. :ROTF: I have a bad habit of jumping out of them when they get up to 3,000 feet. :banghead: