Sign in to follow this  
GlenPettit

Skids

GlenPettit

(Found this on another Wheel Horse site: www.WheelHorse.org ):

Finally, after searching everywhere, i found some skid shoes for my D-180. The blower uses an odd size with 4 3/4 spacing on the outside bolts with a center bolt. I was actually going to have some fabricated as I had all but given up trying to find some that would support the behemoth on my 2k foot gravel drive and a 10 acre boat yard. I was forced to use the plow on my C-121, a 56" blade, on all areas except the lower drive and parking area at the house because the blower would dig into the gravel and start throwing a hailstorm of rocks.

So i settled in hell bent on finding some shoes before i spent 150 bucks on fabricating new ones from scratch,

Here is what I found.

Screenshot2011-01-20at81220PM.png

http://www.snowblowerskids.com/index.htm

These things are awesome and they are hand made. many sizes available and Bob will make a custom size with just a call, Wheel Horse sizes are about $35 + Shipping.

Kevin

can whlvr

i just biult a set for my c160,35 is a bargain,i spent 4 hours fabbing mine

Kevin Bowley

Hi,

I received these last week but I hadn't got around to put the blower on as we haven't had a chance to take a brake from plowing up here in Maine. After the last storm of a foot and the one the day before of 8 inches and one on the way tomorrow for another 8 inches and another major Nor'Easter coming mid week, I'm out of room for plowing my 5 acres I need to clear.

Anyway, I put them and the blower on tonight and went out and gave it a run...these thins are awesome! It seems like the big 48" blower is on greased skis. I am very impressed. I tried them in a couple of rocky areas with exposed gravel were the sun reflects off the building and they didn't sink in at all and I didn't pick up a single rock. These things are a steal at 35 bucks.

They are 1/4 inch thick hot rolled steel, about 10" long, 1 1/2 inches wide and have about 6 inches riding on the ground. also no problems with riding up on snow...there just perfect. I plan on taking some pictures of them on the blower tomorrow and posting them...this is what wheelhorse should have used. a huge improvement on the stock shoes.

He is totally swamped with orders now that the word is getting out. also, he has added a bunch of pre-order in stock bolt spacings. My D-180 had 4 3/4 inch so he made them and decided to stock them.

Kevin

Kevin