Sign in to follow this  
can whlvr

snowblower skids

can whlvr

i have a 42 inch blower that has the wheels,i just rebuilt it and need pics of the factory skids and how they attach to the spot where the wheels go,do they just pin on and are they just flopping around there?i have an older model,the 37 inch,which is almost exactly the same as the newer one but the height lever was broken off so i bolted a long set of skies on the side,works great but the newer one has the height adjuster bar and its in the way to put skis like my old one,so i would like to keep it close to original if possible,i looked in the search and could not find any pics or dimensions so a pic would help greatly,the newer blower throws snow 2 times farther so i want to put it on the c160auto with cab

TT

The skids actually bolt to the sides of the auger housing on the newer models. They are slotted to allow vertical adjustment.

link to IPL

WHmisc009.jpg

416snowcrew009.jpg

can whlvr

thanks tt,i guess i will try to fit skids on the side,its going to be tight with the arms for the wheels but i have a set of ariens skids to try,

gwest_ca

Don,

Wheel Horse did just what you are doing - added skids and kept the wheels. It is shown in product service bulletin #263.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wheelhorsetractormanuals8/

The file is named "WH61-90 #263 B & C-Series Snowthrower Skid Installation"

Garry - a little north of you in the Parry Sound District

jdog_kustoms

ill get pics tomorrow what they did to the one parts blower i got they welded skid plates on the wheels

jdog_kustoms

here are the pics as promissed

IMG_4868.jpg

IMG_4867.jpg

can whlvr

het thanks again for the input,i really didnt want to hack on this blower,its in good shape,i tried to put skis on the wheel holder rod on my older blower,it broke the adjustment rod off so then i made a long set of skies and bolted them to the sides like tt said,but the adjustment arm and the wheel rod on the other side are in the way and i didnt want to cut them off,i may get a new shaft and the bearings that can be held on with grub screws,and store the original shaft so i can return to new,hey gary,i love it where u r from,used to have a cottage on six mile lake for many years,u guys get real amounts of snow up there,do u have a blower?

gwest_ca

Have a slightly modified 42" in front of a 312-8. What doesn't get thrown gets pushed until it can throw it. So far this year we have been spared the feet we usually get.

Garry

can whlvr

so i didnt have any work today so i made a set of skis,i also took the roll pin out and spun the wheel holder rod 180 degrees so it would be out of the way to bolt the skis to the body,ill post pics tomorow so others can do this if needed

can whlvr

here are the pics of what i came up with,could be heavier gage,its what i had IMG_0476.jpgIMG_0477.jpgIMG_0478.jpg

Kevin Bowley

I have been looking for replacements for my D-180 blower for a while. I have been patching them up several times a year. I finally came across these shoes at www.snowblowerskids.com and put them on last week. they are awesome! 1/4 thick hot rolled American steel, they are about 12 inches long and have about 6 inches on the ground. I even removed my weight reducing spring as these things really slide along like its on skis. I am very impressed with the build quality and functioning. here is a couple pics on the D-180 48" blower;

1297058000-388.jpg_m.jpg

1297058066-123.jpg_m.jpg