Sign in to follow this  
KB9LOR

Gas Tank Question

KB9LOR

Will a gas tank out of a 73 12 auto work in a 74 B-80? Also does anyone know what round hood came with aluminum gas tank and fenders? I could not find any numbers on the 2 I looked at, and was curious, the guys wanted waaay too much for them too, and do not have pics, sorry.

Indy w h

Brian The 1961- 1964 round hood tanks are aluminum and most of them had fenders

Indy

KB9LOR

Thanks Indy, the guy has had them out in his front yard since before last July, I was told they could be had cheap...yeah right anyways look like they will be sitting there a while longer too!

Kelly

Yes the tanks will swap, some tanks have a spot around them for a band others don't, both those tractors I believe have the spring and wire hold down.

KB9LOR

Yes the tanks will swap, some tanks have a spot around them for a band others don't, both those tractors I believe have the spring and wire hold down.

Thanks Kelly!...

Anglo Traction

There may be a slight difference in the Fuel Tap location as well. I'm not sure exactly when they changed, but earlier (circa 72/73) Red Tanks had a Fuel Pipe outlet which connected to the Fuel Tap on the Hood Stand.The later Black Tanks (circa 73/74) had the Fuel Tap set into a Rubber Boss in the bottom of the Tank. The Fuel Taps are different inasmuch as the later one had a Screen filter on the end that fits into the Tank.....Just in case you need another Tap.

KB9LOR

There may be a slight difference in the Fuel Tap location as well. I'm not sure exactly when they changed, but earlier (circa 72/73) Red Tanks had a Fuel Pipe outlet which connected to the Fuel Tap on the Hood Stand.The later Black Tanks (circa 73/74) had the Fuel Tap set into a Rubber Boss in the bottom of the Tank. The Fuel Taps are different inasmuch as the later one had a Screen filter on the end that fits into the Tank.....Just in case you need another Tap.

Well guess I better take a look at my 14 auto's tank just to confirm that 12 auto will work...thanks for the heads up Anglo...

Kelly

If the gromet and valve are there, it should fit, but if they are missing you will need them, some tanks have the nipple built in to the tank, like he said.

Indy w h

Thanks Indy, the guy has had them out in his front yard since before last July, I was told they could be had cheap...yeah right anyways look like they will be sitting there a while longer too!

How much is he asking ???

KB9LOR

How much is he asking ???

He had one complete round hood w/deck faded paint, did not check for runability and another round hood no motor or deck and a old b111 parts only. he was wanting 500 for all of it, and had another deck and cultivator, and a 10" plow, do not know if they were WH or not, did not look like it, but they were rusty. If you want the location I will send it to you.