Sign in to follow this  
COMMANDO1

No spinning

TT

Let me see if i follow, that means the hub would be bolted from the inside right? the hub would be on the outside of the rim.

That's correct.

Hopefully the hubs will come off the axles without a huge fight.

Wheel Horse Fan

Don't the dual wheels have more to do with the axle stress then the weight? That is a lot of torque on the axle if the outside wheel takes all the load.

How many guys are running loader tractors with a large weight box on back? A tiller probably weighs close to 70 lbs.

TT

Yes...... Dual wheels do increase the leverage - which in turn increases the stress at the axle bearing.

Putting full-offset wheels on 1" axles that are roughly three inches longer than a "normal" 3 speed axle has a similar effect - just without the "inside" tire.

I am in no way implying that the axles will break, but they're more susceptible to bending / breaking than a "short" axle.

Kelly

Have you tried putting them on the other side?? you know outside of rim in? I'm pretty sure it will hit the plow frame, but you only have to pull one wheel to see, just flip it around, if it works swap both.

COMMANDO1

Here is a thought, is there a key way on these hubs. i dont remember. or just a flat spot where a hold down screw goes. if so just cut axel and grind a new flat spot.

and 1 other they do not stick out as far as dual wheels.

TT

The axle has a woodruff keyseat.

Trouty56

If he did turn the wheels around could a spacer be used?? Would maybe be too costly cause he would most likely need about an inch of plate steel and longer wheel bolts...that would make the axles even longer also.

Never mind...

TT

There's at least three options:

1) Reverse the hubs on the axles.

2) Install wheels with correct (more) backspacing.

3) Cut the centers loose in the current wheels, move them to a more centered position, and re-weld.

Over & Out :banghead:

COMMANDO1

Going to leave as is and have fun, if it breaks then ill change rear ends. Kinda want to go to an 8 speed anyway. closed.

thanks