Sign in to follow this  
slufoot733

Snow thrower discharge spout

slufoot733

I have a snow thrower for my WH D-200. the unit seems to work pretty well but the discharge spout is not working correctly. When in position the spout is very difficult to rotate. If I loosen the mounting bolts to allow it to turn easily then it vibrates loose and falls off. I am not pleased with the original design of this setup and am wondering if anyone has made any modifications to theirs to make it work better. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin

Kelly

Try nylon locking nuts that way you can leave them loose and will not fall off.

Operator

One word "Vermonster" Gerrys creation.

Randy

slufoot733

Thank you. That electric motor idea looks good. I just happen to have an old actuator motor lying around that I may adapt to the chute. I will have to figure out how to keep the chute in place first though.

K

cpete1

I had a single stage blower that was missing the turret crank, so I had to fabricate one. I also had problems with the shoot not turning easy so I took it apart the other day to look things over. Mine had a plastic collar on the blower part that I believe was there to decrease friction. The flange on the shoot was wavey so I held it over a vice and eyeballed the bottom flat surface and tried to get it consistantly flat. I also ground down the metal to get rid of rust and pits that might rub more. I also straightened out the studs that came up from the blower housing so the flat washers that hold the shoot in place don't rub on the flange. Make sure your bolts on the back part of the blower which are in slots aren't crowding the shoot toward the front bolts too tight. The last thing I did was spray the surfaces with silicon. The entire assembly is working prety well now. Basically looked over what was there and "tuned" it up abit. Was some trial and error but now the shoot works very well.

Good Luck

Chris

Forest Road

A friend of mine has taken shoots from walk behind units and welded them onto C-series and Cub cadet single stage blowers. Its worked quite well. The only real hassle was getting a sacrificial machine. But then again he owns a shop.

Gerry w

One word "Vermonster" Gerrys creation.

Randy

Thanks Randy,

Mods, I do not know how to add the link to the tread where I fabbed a tall chute to my D's blower, but it works great and might help, (Could you add it here for me?) That tread might help you with your issue.

It wasn't hard, and works great with a switch, but you do need a donor blower.

Good luck!

Gerry

Sparky

Mods, I do not know how to add the link to the tread where I fabbed a tall chute to my D's blower, but it works great and might help, (Could you add it here for me?) That tread might help you with your issue.

Gerry

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?...=17650&hl=chute

At your service :banghead: .

Mike.........