Sign in to follow this  
jdog_kustoms

wheel horse loader

jdog_kustoms

I am looking at a raider 10 with a loader on it guy says it

jdog_kustoms

i know i know :banghead::thumbs: ill post them as soon as he sends them to me

fireman

Just the loaders in my area go anywhere from $700 to $1500 without the tractor. I would offer him $1000 for the package and see what happens. You don't want to go too low and tick him off. I'll give you a better opinion once you post pics.

jdog_kustoms

im shure thius loader would fit my 416-8 or my b 100 correct

fireman

You may have to modify the sub-frame. I think the 416 might have a longer wheel base than the Raider. I would leave it on the Raider. One thing to remember about garden tractor loaders, that's all they are. Moving around small piles of dirt, mulch, rocks etc. Usually the max rating on these without stressing it or the tractor out is around 350lbs. I know some guys will say you can lift more but don't forget that on a :banghead: all the front end weight is on that one pin that goes through the front axle. You'll wear the pin and/or the hole it goes through with excessive weight/use.

jdog_kustoms

pics of the loader

100_14271.jpg

100_14262.jpg

100_14252.jpg

100_14242.jpg

sorekiwi

Thats a Johnson Loader, and I'm reasonably sure its not a factory subframe.

Looks like it would do the job though...

jdog_kustoms

can you still buy cylinders for it or do i have to get aftermarket ones

fireman

That's either a Johnson or Brantly loader. I don't think the sub-frame is stock. Looks beefy though. I would offer the $1000 like I said. Looks in decent shape. I'm sure you can get replacement cylinders at Surplus Center . They have the best deals that I have found when it comes to hydraulics.

Your also going to need some counter weight on the back of the tractor.

jdog_kustoms

anyone else have ever used this type of loader the cylinder location is totally different them any other loader even full size front end loaders just curious if this is a down fall to it

fireman

Those lift cylinders look like they can be re-built. There should only be o-rings inside.

sorekiwi

There is not many Johnson Loaders around anymore, I think production ended in the late 60's or early 70's. I've only seen a couple on Wheelhorse tractors, but there are a lot of them in JD configuration.

Do a search for "Johnson Loader" at www.weekendfreedommachines.com. There is quite a lot of information over there on the loaders in general, and also availability of spares for the hydraulics. I think somewhere over there they have scanso f the maual for the model 12 or 14 as well.

I'm not sure of the model of yours, maybe a Johnson Model 12? Here's a pic of mine, this is a Model 10 and has the single dump cylinder on the front.

2937_sm.jpg

Cant remember where I found this picture or a 1054 with a loader similar to yours:

1054_1.jpg

Here's one of a JD:

314loader_J12.jpg

Mine is a work in progress, and I havent used it (yet!!). What do you think is wrong with the placement of the arms?

jdog_kustoms

the arms hook in the middle of the bucket and the tilt cylinders hook to the bottom of the bucket were most loaders have the arms hook to the bottom of the bucket and the cylinders hook to the top ot it

wallfish

the arms hook in the middle of the bucket and the tilt cylinders hook to the bottom of the bucket were most loaders have the arms hook to the bottom of the bucket and the cylinders hook to the top ot it

That shouldn't be an issue. In fact, it may be an advantage. I pile stuff on top of the bucket to move and it rests on the cylinders.

fireman

I compared your pictures with the Johnson model 10 I just bought and it looks identical. I have the manual and exploded drawings. If you want a copy PM me your email address and I will send them to you.

jdog_kustoms

does any one make small buckets and fork setup i could modify for this loader or do i make them from scratch

sorekiwi

I havent priced their buckets, or looked into it very deeply, but you could try these people:

http://www.budgetforklift.com/smaller-machine-buckets.html

I need to come up with a bucket for mine as well. I have a Kubota bucket here that I might adapt but it is a little wide. The one I really like is this one, which apparently is a copy of one of the Johnson options:

1964JD110JohnsonLoader.jpg

C-Series14

does any one make small buckets and fork setup i could modify for this loader or do i make them from scratch

I had these made, remove the bucket and install the forks. Forks slide on the mount...I would really like to make a wide lightweight bucket for mulch and snow work.

forks1001.jpg

jdog_kustoms

how is the acuall fork made is it bent or welded in the corners im just woried about them bending

jdog_kustoms

did any one ever order a bucket from budget attachments ??? i have some questions about the measurement of the bucket and how it would mount to my loader and i called them and the sales man didnt want to help me he just told me it wont work have a great day bye lol

Brrly1

I would have to say most forks are bent that way. No welding necessary (That would be a first) As far as bending I don't think so you wouldn't be able to pick it up let alone move before the forks would bend unless they are extremely cheap or poorly made forks. See Ya, Bye Burly :banghead:

:thumbs:

fireman

There are a few people on Ebay that sell clamp on forks for your bucket. The cheapest set I saw was $169.00 with free shipping. Just do a search for clamp on bucket forks or something along those lines.

C-Series14

how is the acuall fork made is it bent or welded in the corners im just woried about them bending

If you are talking about mine, they are welded. All of the industrial forklifts we have at work, the forks are bent. I drive anything from a 4K to a 15K and they are one piece...

jdog_kustoms

i called buget forklift and got a price on the 48 inch bucket and the 36 inch long forks with the hoop welded on the top and they want 225 for a bucket and 130 for the forks if i get the loader i might just buy thatm and i can make anything work with some metal and a welder lol

sorekiwi

Whats wrong with the bucket thats on the tractor now?