Sign in to follow this  
kpinnc

Auto trans manual? Need help with my Bronco 14

kpinnc

I have missed out on every single Auto Trans Manual (for the Sundstrands, NOT the Eaton), and really need one, or at least some info from anyone who has been inside the transaxle case. I have no idea what the Wheel Horse part number is (for the manual), so I can't download it either. Can any of you guys help me out here?

I gotta replace an axle seal, I want to clean out the case, and I'm replacing the 10 pinion diff and carrier with a 8 pinion, so it's gotta be opened up. I've been in, and rebuilt (bearings, seals, gaskets, etc..) the 3 speeds, 6 speeds, and even an Eaton hydro, but had all the manuals to cover it, just in case.

Basically, I just wanna make sure there aren't any surprises. I have no reference on this one, aside from a parts diagram on the Toro site.

If anybody knows anything about them, as far as any unusual procedure on dissassembly/ assembly, I'd sure appreciate the info.

Thanks!

nylyon

Have you tried to download the manual from the Toro site? I just took a look at my C-120, which has a Sundstrand. The C120 model number is 71-12KS02 if you need to download one.

kpinnc

Well, that would be one way of doing it, but I'm wondering if the tractor manual covers taking the tranny apart? I'll definately have to check it and see.

I guess what I'm looking for would be the service manual for auto transmissions. I've got one for the manual tranny, and it's definately nice to have when it comes time to open one of those up. It's pretty detailed.

Thanks Nylyon! I'll check it out.

nylyon

The manual is for the Sundstrand trans, not the tractor. Also, maybe Eldon will chime in, I am pretty sure he took his pump apart recently so he may have some pointers.

kpinnc

I just saw a post from back in September from Tickster. He said he had one available for e-mail. I'm hoping he sees this!

And Tickster, if you've still got it, I DEFINATELY want a copy!

kj4kicks

Hi Guys, I'll gladly chime in here, but might not be much help. I rebuilt the pump and motor, but never opened up the diff case itself, sorry.

My C160 has a sundstrand, and you can use the model # from my siggy to look it up at toro.com.

My advice would be to not open up the hydro part, unless you need to. There's really not alot there to check, unless you have a low pressure problem. I got my diagrams from the toro site, and they were a HUGE help.

Feel free to email me if I can help.

Eldon.

refracman

If you have rebiult the others its basiclly the same, i have one in pdf, if you want it emailed let me know,

i found that the center shaft carrier bearings were bad in my 70 gt14 trans caused by not haveing a thrust washer, wh put one in about 73 or74 that cured this problem, also i got all the bearings from my local tiemkin outlet for at least half the cost of the dealer

Steve

Curmudgeon

i think this is what you need. the link works for me. you need adobe reader software to open it.

i can also email it to you direct.

http://us.f807.mail.yahoo.com/ym/ShowLette...b&VScan=1&Idx=0

hmmmmmmmm, that link takes me to yahoo mail...........

:D

Dale

CasualObserver

Try this one.

c-120 lookup

Enter the model number Karl posted earlier... 71-12KS02 then click the manuals button at the bottom... additional information will show up below. right click on the sunstrand manual and "save as". Beware... 66 pg file is pretty big. :D

kpinnc

Thanks everybody. I downloaded the manual from the Toro site. I had never used a C-120 as the reference, and that is very cool how it links all the applicable manuals to it.

Well, time to dig into the thing and get it DONE!

Thanks again!

kpinnc

Hey Eldon, if you don't mind me asking, how much did the parts for the rebuild set you back? I have no idea as to the condition of this hydro. I dropped some gunk in through the top holes while trying to clean it up a bit when I first got it. I haven't run it for fear of contaminating the pump. If it turns out it needs a rebuild, well, it'll be time to start making a budget...

So far, all I had purchased is the gasket for the hydrogear to transaxle, the case halves gasket, and new axle seals. I'm hoping it'll be all I need, but I'm just curious...

Thanks!

kj4kicks

I was lucky, only needed a snap ring and a retainer ring, aside from the normal gaskets and o-rings. The whole thing was still under $100. That was for the pump and motor assembly only, I did not disassemble the diff.

Eldon.