Sign in to follow this  
wheelly

Foot throttle on round hood

wheelly

I was thinking at work tonight about putting a foot throttle on my 604. Has anyone have one on theirs? I would still like to use the original foot rest. And not sure what type of cable I should use. If anyone has a pic of how they did it that would be great.

Redbirdman

putting a foot throttle on my

within the last month there was a thread about almost the same thing.....I am too tired to look for it now but I'm sure some one will show you!

(I know, everyone else has been plowing snow) but here in AZ I have been busy all day applying sun tan oil to the poor young ladies around the pool and mixing pina'coladas.............I am just exhausted.................Goodbye AZ TROOPER...have fun in PA!

SEE IF THIS HELPS

ED

VinsRJ

PM Wallfish on details....... he set up his rat tractor with a foot throttle.

Duff

PM Wallfish on details....... he set up his rat tractor with a foot throttle.

...I've seen it and and it's a thing of beauty!

Duff :banghead:

wallfish

The cable I used is a braided cable with the plastic lined conduit. Basically a throttle cable for mini bike. I had to make a mechanical stop for the pedal so it doesn't rip the cable out. I used the engagement pedal for a mower deck and added a long pin through it so the cable would line up. This is the only pic I have, it's been modified a little since to look better but it will give you the basic idea.

MVC-005F-1.jpg

zieg72

I'd like to see any installed on a newer style floorboard if anyone has done it. That is one of my dislikes of my 417-8 when plowing snow. I use 3rd gear high about 2/3 throttle which is about the perfect speed so far, but going in reverse it just goes way to slow at that engine speed so I am constantly going up and down, I need 4 hands getting the job done :banghead: shifting it, plow up and down switch, throttle and steering all at once....

I know, poor me...