Sign in to follow this  
stevebo

Best Source for 12 Volt Winch?

stevebo

All-

I am looking to mount an electric winch off the front tach o matic. Any info on this system and where to get a winch? I saw some on ebay and also found the guy who is selling the mounting plates for only $10 which is a no brainer. Any advise ??

Operator

Harbor Frt. , Northern maybe too.

Randy

Irv

just got a flyer with a coupon for a 12 volt 3000 lb. winch at hf for $49

Rollerman

TSC had a 2000# or 2500# pull on sale for around $50 at Christmas.

You might try there if you have a local store?

Coadster32

I was looking last winter with thoughts for my Charger. I did see the plates, and I agree, no brainer. There were a bunch of cheaper winches for sale, under $50, all 12volts. Bunch of different styles, colors, controlers, etc. All were found on Fle-bay. Didn't buy one, but didn't see the need for anything over 500lb capacity either. Good luck.

can whlvr

i had a winch on my 308 to raise the home made bucket i made,the manual lift couldnt lift a full load,one thing that i would do if i put it back on would be take most of the cable off the winch,it gets all wrapped up and the cable would get stuck on it self,could be the extra weight of the bucket full of dirt cutting the cable into it self,but the electric lift was nice

catman81056

Just make sure the one you buy has power in and out. Some only have power in.

stevebo

Good points guys. Thanks !! Trying to get my buddy set up for his 518. He has manual lift on it and he ended up breaking the flange inside the tower where the pressed bearings fit in. That will take some time to repair but that can wait til spring and better weather. He really wanted to have the eletric or hydro lift anyhow.

One last question, how much weight do you feel the front tach o matic will hold?

jimt1971

Steve,

I bought a closeout winch from Walmart and I made a mount for the Tachmatic. I use it to raise and lower my plow. I am used it get Charlie's 953 on the trailer when he first got it.

Jim