Sign in to follow this  
truckin88

Up till 2 in the AM to be plowing today!

truckin88

Luckily CT is full of good WH guys. and Big Jim bailed me out by selling me a snow plow at a really fair price for my C-120. I hit it with some rustoleum hammered spray for winter and will sand blast and paint in summer. I decided to really get the 120 ready, I put a new shifter boot on, new head gasket, cleaned the head and gave the block a MMO bath. Got her buttoned up and running she is a plowing beast. The motor seems to have a lot more giddy up. The most amazing thing, is that this tractor has been in the family since about 76 (it is a 75 bought new), and my father in law and I figured out it has about 2500 hours on it, the cylinder walls were smooth, the only issue was carbon build up. Luckily everyone that has owned it changed the oil religiously! The only thing left other than paint, is to put on the hubs I bought for her, the newer ones with 2 set screws, to prevent the hubs from sliding on the axle. At 2am I did not feel like removing weights and wheels.

So glad I decided to plow with my WH, been a while since I worked on her or any other, forgot the fun of it all

IMG00193.jpg

stevebo

Glad to see you back Will !!

rickv1957

Sounds like a well kept tractor!!!

JimD

That has been very well taken care of. Not even a ding or dent. It would look great unrustified! :banghead:

420lse

You look ready to go :banghead:

Sparky

Luckily CT is full of good WH guys.

You got that right brother :banghead: !

Nice stout lookin machine you got there Will. Have fun plowing this weekend.

Mike..........

truckin88

next will be chains, the ags work good, but when it gets deep chains would work better, they are 23x8.5 on 12, what size chains with the ags should I use? I was wondering if 23x10 chains would be better due to the ags bar tread.

Sparky

Actually Will, the chains will work their way into the "valleys" of the ag tread and bigger chains would just get even looser. I would think that 8.50 chains would be better and might even need some tightening after you've used em some.

Mike..........

Ken B

Glad to hear you are giving the old girl what she really wants! Very nice. :banghead:

Coadster32

Take care of her, and she'll take care of you. Enjoy the plowing this weekend. :banghead: