Sign in to follow this  
rjr

D-160

VinsRJ

I've bought from Joe in the past with no issues and would do so again the in the future.

Lets face it, you or I as individuals cannot save every nice tractor or even crappy tractor out there. Some make it, some don't.

One option is.... you could buy every part and put the tractor back together..... :banghead: :thumbs:

flyovrcntry

This is funny,a bunch of replys applauding the guy for cannibalizing.

wheelhorse656

that was a really nice running d160 why would someone part it out!!!!! parts tractors are the kinds you part out ones with a bad motor or a bad tranny not a perfictly good running tractor in as good of shape as that. i understand we all need parts somtimes but thats whst a tractor with no tranny or no motor is for or ven one with a cracked frame but not one that really well. :banghead::ROTF::hide::D:wh::wwp::hide::wh: :thumbs:

rjr

I didn't mean to start a fight. I was just bothered that it was a nice tractor. I got pinged for mentioning an Ebay add. Sorry about that I wasn't trying to sell it. Why is Ebay a no no?

4xfourfun

It bothers me too, but I guess it has to be done. I have a D-160 that probably should be parted out, I just can't bring myself to do it. I keep hoping I'll find somebody wanting a project. Even once its parted out you'll still have to scrap a mess of parts that don't sell.

I don't see why your link was big deal either. It was just a discussion, not trying to promote it any way(judging by the responses). But, its not my call.

catman81056

Where do you think all those motors and tranys that are for sale come from? You think some one takes them off the tractors because the hood is dented or the tires are flat?

You know what they say about opinions, I guess this thread proves it.

But the next time you need a part and Joe is the only one who has it, are you not going to buy it because it might have came off of a perfectly good tractor? I didn't think so.

Just be glad there are guy's like him selling "good" parts.

Kelly

Joe has a nice set up, it's at his home, small pole barn/garage that they tear machines down in, and clean parts, then he has another small building just for boxing, shipping and computer work, out back he has very neat rows of tractors, behind the shop in a fenced lot, he also has large storage racks to put good decks, tiller, blowers, ect... on the has a nice late model JD loader tractor to move things around, all the junk left overs, he has a scrap co. that brings in gondola to put sheet metal, alum. cast, etc.. in all sorted, so he makes money off the scrap also, I have bought lots of stuff from Joe and will continue to do so, I have lots of used up junk tractors here but the parts everyone want or needs are the same that are junk on used up tractors, I listed a running driving tractor on here a while back has a rod knock, but runs great, don't look to bad, for $175 I didn't even get a question on it, let alone sell it, I can part it for more, If you feel you need to save them all bring a very big trailer and a few grand I'll load you up.

wh79d160

When all the tractors are gone, Joe can become a whale hunter. I don't care about whales. :thumbs: Breakem down Joe. I can't afford your shipping :banghead:

flyovrcntry

Its free market,you can do what you want with your prpperty.You are doing it to make money ,dont try to convince us you are doing this to serve everyone.I worked on and sold lawn and garden poducts for a few years,and when I got a nice one like that I would not part it.I dont care if you do,I probably have bought parts from joe in the past,but him or anyone that sells parts are doing it for the money. THAT IS MY OPINION AND i DONT CARE IF YOU AGREE OR NOT

wh79d160

:banghead: When i used to take my deer sausage to work, it would be gone before most people got to get any. So I started putting a picture of the deer it came from under the dish. It didn't disappear as fast & more people got to try it. I like beef but I don't need to see the cow it came from . The USDA stamp is good enough for me. Point is, Joe has a good enough reputation (I've bought stuff from him) his word is good enough for me , I don't need to see where the parts came from. :thumbs:

Irv

Last year I needed that trigger switch to get my c-125 running. New, the part was around $160 so I waited and waited and finally Joe had one that I got for $35. That tractor would still be sitting (I've got the 48" plow on it) if not for me getting that part. My point is, how many other tractors are working because he parted that tractor out. Somebody has to do it, parts for our :banghead: are scarce and/or exspensive and getting more so and I think Joe is one of the more reasonable and honest ones out there.

squonk

Last year I needed that trigger switch to get my c-125 running. New, the part was around $160 so I waited and waited and finally Joe had one that I got for $35. That tractor would still be sitting (I've got the 48" plow on it) if not for me getting that part. My point is, how many other tractors are working because he parted that tractor out. Somebody has to do it, parts for our :banghead: are scarce and/or exspensive and getting more so and I think Joe is one of the more reasonable and honest ones out there.

Here Here!!

rjr

BTW I'm not picking on Joe. We all have to put bread on the table. I just hated to see a good one get parted out when none of mine look as good as the D160

4xfourfun

Hey rjr,

Some people are very opinionated on here and come off forward, don't take it personal though.

Congrats, you actually started a popular thread. Wheel Horse drama if you will!

can whlvr

i think its a free country and as was allready said,we all need parts and like kelly said,better parts on our tractors then rusting away in a barn or feild,ive got used parts on my machines.