rjr

D-160

rjr

No linking to ebay ads.

Looks like someone went to a lot of work restoring this one for nothing

corn53

:thumbs: Id love to have that! :banghead:

wh79d160

:banghead: Boycott Joe??? :thumbs: Anybody watch Whale wars???

Ken B

That is a real bummer to see a nice tractor like that parted out. Its like the life just got sucked out of it after it survived for so long. Another nice one lost to the wind... :banghead: I wonder if he offered it for sale as a complete unit before the total part out?

buckeye

:banghead: :thumbs::ROTF: :hide:

Irv

Looks like it might be original. I think he parts them out no matter what condition they're in. On one hand it's a shame and on the other it helps us keep our tractors running and complete. What I really wonder is what he does with all the parts that don't sell.

rickv1957

:banghead: :thumbs:

Shuboxlover

That's was a VERY nice tractor!!!!

:banghead:

Brrly1

Shuboxlover, that is what I thought you said. Hey, what happened to the all Mighty big red? Kinda fell on there face don't you think? See Ya, Bye Burly :banghead:

:thumbs:

rj35hunter

Just awful to see! :thumbs: Heartless! :ROTF::banghead: This needs to stop! :hide:

dgoyette

Check out all of his videos on you tube, warning you may not like what you see. The condition of the tractor has nothing to do with whether it gets parted, it's a business process. Buy, part, e-bay. Right or wrong??? Everyone will have an opinion but collectors will largely despise this particular way of doing business.

Gene_S

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wheel-Horse-D-160-Trac...=item2eb0a2bc5a

Looks like someone went to a lot of work restoring this one for nothing

Wow this must be the first time you have looked at ebay... Joe has been doing this for a long time. I have bought many things off of Joe in the past and he is very easy to deal with either on the phone or e-mail.

Yes it is a shame but just like Irv said this keeps our other horse's going. Just like a few members on here that buy WH and sell them for parts because the motors are bad or the hydro is shot. Sure you can fix them but there worth more in parts if all your wanting is money! You know how much it cost to rebuild the hydro system on a D?

Shuboxlover you might want to edit your post. Like John said he's still among us!!!

sorekiwi

I've bought a lot of stuff from JOP, and will continue to do so.

We all need parts to keep our machines running, and although it's sad the nicer the tractor is that he's parting out, the nicer the parts are that you can buy to keep yours running.

Yes its kinda sad, but its a supply of parts that we all need.

Kelly

Joe is making a living in these though times, and employees about 12 people, they are just GARDEN TRACTORS I know it's a shame to part the rare ones, but most of them are not, his parts are clean, and he list them truthfully, and when he parts a nice unit out that means there is a nice supply of good used parts on the market, most of these tractors he pays good money for I've heard $2000 for a JD 400, but they part for big money,I've been there he has 200+ tractors lots of them are beaters, but he has nice ones, yes I believe they are for sale whole if you get there before they are parted, I said it before he buys most of them just like the rest of us, off ebay and CL, would you rather see them set in a field rusting away??

Ken B

Kelly, I for one have no problem with Joe. I also have no problem with parts tractors being parted, we all need the parts sooner or later. The growing trend may be to buy the nicest tractors out there and tear em apart. I don't think anyone would have left this one out in a field to rust.

Though I have never purchased parts from Joe, I wouldn't hesitate to do so. I have heard from plenty of guys that he is fair and honest. I suppose it is also true as someone else noted, the cleaner the tractor the better the parts you will get off of it.

Kelly

Nicer the part higher the price, how many parts does it take to build a tractor? 500+? I mean tearing the engine apart and all, if you get $10 a part, that is $5000+ for a $1000 tractor, and you part 10 or more a week, that is not bad money, and we all know many of the parts sell for way more than $10, and some less, it's business.

Ken B

Kelly,we must have been typing at the same time. There is no doubt, I see the logic and the reason. I really don't disagree with it either. He is putting food on his table and also on 12 employees tables as well. Please, lets not bash Joe.

WH Raider10

My friend in America has done bussines with him. He bought from Joe a dipstick for my 10 hp kohler,recieved it in Belgium and Gues what! It's a dipstick for a 8 hp kohler and even his description on the little paper says it's for 10 hp kohler for a 1054. :banghead: :thumbs:

Shuboxlover

ooops.... :ROTF:

sorry :banghead::thumbs:

i meant to say, ummmm, well, aaaaa, ah forget it, I'm just dumb

sorekiwi

My friend in America has done bussines with him. He bought from Joe a dipstick for my 10 hp kohler,recieved it in Belgium and Gues what! It's a dipstick for a 8 hp kohler and even his description on the little paper says it's for 10 hp kohler for a 1054. :banghead::thumbs:

Everything I have bought from JOP (probably around 20 transactions) has been exactly as advertised, and the service has been great.

One time they neglected to combine shipping on a couple of items, and they refunded the extra shipping fee straight away.

I realise that its a little harder from the other side of the world, but I am sure that if you contacted him about the incorrectly marked item, he would try to put it right.

Operator

I'm another supporter of JOP' , Very nice guy to deal with. E-Mail chats too!

I'd like to know more about his operation, runs it out of his home and a garage?

Kelly you've been there.

Randy

flyovrcntry

Parting a tractor that has problems is good business.Parting a tractor like that is just greed. You know he could sell that tractor as is and make money,just not enough money.A lot of people that agree with this sell parts themselves. This is just business it's ok but call it what it is. There are plenty of parts ou there without doing this.

TT

Chances are, every one of the tractors that Joe parts out was available for sale to anyone who had the money to buy them.

Unfortunately since many sellers think they're made of gold and ask outrageous or unrealistic prices for them, most of us either ignore them - or just plain can't afford them.

Joe has the funds to buy them at the higher prices and knows that he will make money on most parts. He's definitely not the only one doing this either.

Those who constantly complain about his type of business should either buy up all of the tractors before he gets to them, or contact him directly and tell him how you feel.

If one tractor gives it's life to save 10 or 20 others, what's the big deal? Especially if one of them being saved is yours. :banghead:

dgoyette

I should have noted to that I have bought many parts off Joe and of course will continue. He has always treated me right...and when you need a part...

In one way I hate to see a tractor I would love to have get parted but when I need a good hydro pump or motor, I would rather it came off a working tractor! Fine line not to become hypocritical on this subject.

massey

It's called free enterprise, like it or not it's a good thing.