Sign in to follow this  
Anglo Traction

Steering Wheel

Anglo Traction

I though I'd make a few changes to my C-120 as I progress on the project. I found a Steering Wheel that might prove to be a better style. I picked it up for about 8 of your $'s. Coincidentally, it's made n the U.S. by the Welch Corp, Mequon.WIS .

It came from a Homelite Tractor from the 70's , if anyone remembers them.

As I plan to fit narrow rims and Tri Ribs later, the smaller diameter (12 1/2")and shape of the S/wheel should be manageable without too much effort. The fitting is for a 3/4" shaft as well, so not much to do except obtain another Upper Shaft in case I want to revert to original.

It made me recall that Woodsman had a comfort issue with the S/Wheel in a previous post and this adaption/mod could go someway to resloving that for people. :banghead:

DSC00437.jpg

DSC00439.jpg

DSC00438.jpg

The Escucheon Plate/Boss Plate will be replaced with a :thumbs: Logo set in Clear Resin.

I will also fit an 'Easy Turn' Handle at the top of the Wheel and add a thicker Clamp/Boss over the spigot that connects to the shaft.

rickv1957

Maybe get some pictures of the finished product!!!

wheel horse 312

:banghead: :thumbs: i have a homelite garden tractor and a allis chalmers that have the same sterring wheel the homelites i have is a ct-10 and the allis chalmers is a 608 heres some pics the homelite has the wrong wheel p.o. forst this one on it have a coreacked one found

04-18-09_0756.jpg

th08-28-08_1151.jpg

Anglo Traction

Maybe get some pictures of the finished product!!!

Sure, will do Rick.... Still piling up the parts and chipping away (literally) on the frame etc...... I may be some time !.

Wheel Horse 312 ....Thanks for posting the Photos of the Homelite. Good to be able to see what they look like.

earlleecliffton

I put a chevy truck wheel on my raider. Redneck power steering

Shuboxlover

i LOVE the looks of that steering wheel....wish I had one!!!!!

wheel horse 312

this is pics of my other homelite it is a t-10

07-28-09_1806.jpg