Sign in to follow this  
rjr

Model differences

rjr

I have been using Wheel Horses for almost 50 years and am surprised by how much I do not know.

I am familiar with the 1045 1075 era short frame tractors. Not so much the round hood years. I have a couple of C's and can't see much difference between them and short frames other than the length, PTO, and sheet metal.

Parts Tree list the 300, 400, & 500 series as Garden Tractors, but the C's and D250's as lawn tractors, aren't the 300, 400, & 500 just black hood versions of them?

The "A" looked more like a Sears riding mower. Is the B the old short frame tractor?

I am completely unfamiliar with the GT's and the football tractors. I am sure that they are versions of the C series but really do not know how they compare.

The reason I have been puzzling over this is that I am partial to the Red hood tractors and am looking for a hydro. I have been restricting my search to C's and am wondering if a GT or football tractor would work as well.

TT

:ROTF: Answering your questions thoroughly would take several paragraphs.

If I ever write MY book, I'll try to cover all of this. :banghead:

This one is easy though - The grouping at PartsTree means nothing. Ignore it. :thumbs:

What do you plan to do with your "red hood hydro"?

rjr

I have two Cs with 8 speeds. They are fine but I used to have a 1075 hydro and I miss the speed control. A real bonus is the lift. Snow blowers weigh a lot!