Sign in to follow this  
Woodsman

DPST Switch

Woodsman

I've isolated my PTO problem to the switch. The replacement I picked up seems to be labeled different than the original. The instructions point to terminals for:

Line A

Load A

Line B

Load B

I recognize the wire to the PTO and the wire from the light switch with fuse. Then there is a red to ignition and I think a red to the starter.

I don't want to fry anything and my first attempt had the engine cranking when I turned the switch on.

Can anyone instruct me where to put the wires on the new switch? :banghead:

TT

My version :banghead: :

sw1.jpg

Duff

TT, what graphics software are you using when you create these really nifty (and useful!) diagrams like the one above?

Duff :banghead:

TT

MS Paint / Windows XP :banghead:

Duff

Very cool! I'm running XP Pro but haven't played with MSpaint. Gotta check it out! Thanks, TT!

~Duff :banghead:

Woodsman

Thanks for the diagram. I did a google on "line & load" to determine line was the power feed. However, the switch I picked up still won't work. The engine will only crank when the switch is in the "on" position. What did I expect for four dollars?

I'll pick up a Toro swich and see how that goes.

BPC23

I can't tell you where to put the wires on your PTO switch, but maybe by looking at how mine is wired you can figure it out. The way it's wired below, I have to have the PTO off and push the clutch to start the engine.

BriansWiringDiagram.jpg

Brian

TT

maybe by looking at how mine is wired you can figure it out

The green "wire" from the "S" terminal on the ignition switch should connect to the "top" center terminal on the PTO switch, not the terminal on the left.

BPC23

I just double checked the tractor and it's wired per the diagram and functions properly. The switch is a Delta brand, which is maybe different from the OEM switch.

Woodsman

Here's an update:

The replacement switch was from a local farm store. After testing, I realized it controls two circuits, but they don't run opposite. Either they are both on or both off. I ended up cleaning off the old switch and the terminals from the wires. It's working for now.