Sign in to follow this  
dgjks6

Section 18

dgjks6

So as I am looking through the toro master parts viewer for the parts diagrams, I started browsing other tractor models. In several places, for example on the steering diagram of a 1989 312-8, it says "refer to section 18 for adjustments".

I have all of the diagrams for the rebuild of my c-85, and I have the kohler manual for the engine, carb, etc.

Is there a manual that tells you how to rebuild the tractor that I am missing? A manual like the Kohler engine manual, except for the tractor?

I basically am planning to follow the diagrams and the pictures I took during the disassembly.

Sorry for all the posts, but still at work, though not bored anymore.

Greg

Duff

Greg, I haven't got mine right handy to check, but they could be referring to the service manual. I was lucky enough to get one on fleabay at a decent price while re----ing 312-8 #1 and it was a God-send for that and 312-8 #2. Much better diagrams, and the parts listings give the actual description of each nut, bolt and part by size, length, thread, etc. This allowed me to work up an order to McMaster Carr for exactly what I needed, and a whole lot cheaper than Toro or even my local hardware store pricing.

Duff :banghead:

Indy w h

I think "section 18" is like "area 51" :banghead:

Party on !!!

Indy

Kelly

I thought it was a discharge from the military for being crazy.

rmaynard

That's a "section 8", which in the the Kohler K series manual refers to 'electrical', and that can sometimes make you crazy. :banghead:

Duff

That's a "section 8", which in the the Kohler K series manual refers to 'electrical', and that can sometimes make you crazy. :banghead:

Now that's funny right there! :ROTF:

Duff :thumbs: