Sign in to follow this  
marvairplanes

Farm ette Tractor

marvairplanes

Here's a photo of a little FARM ETTE tractor I picked up several weeks ago.

I believe it is a 1961 Model 450.

It has a Lauson H55D engine which is correct for this model.

The YAHOO site for "Farm ette tractors" is 3-4 years old, and has only 2 members other than myself.

Would be interested in hearing from anyone who knows about, or who has information about this tractor.

Information which I have found states that the tractor was painted with IH Red, with white engine and rims.

The metal "lid" on the hood fits a hole, cut by a previous owner. I assume this was to get easier access to the oil dip stick, without having to remove the hood every time the oil was checked.

The hole is a perfect circle, and I'm pretty certain that I will NOT try to repair it.

Might try to find a better "lid"...

Any comments on that?????

FarmetteTractoretc003-1.jpg

This is the first and only NON-WHEEL HORSE tractor that I have ever owned...since I started collecting in 1959! It actually doesn't look too bad surrounded by my 40 + Wheel Horses.

Marv

Kelly

I can't help you with info, but it is kinda cool looking, it looks to have the up draft carb like the early WH's did.

rickv1957

Tractor looks to be in good shape!!

btrrg1969

Any comments on that?????

pretty interesting lil tractor :banghead:

formariz

Great looking tractor.It looks like the feminine version of a Wheel Horse with all of the nice smooth "curves". Perhaps it shoule be named the Wheel :banghead: Horsette

rydogg

That looks a lot like a Lambert tractor that I was looking to buy. Pretty cool looking tractors...hey, I sure could use that H55 Lauson :banghead:

VinsRJ

Looks very close to a Lambert.

gordo9742000

Farmette was bought by the Lambert company and then turn into the Hunter company I believe. May have bee in a different order but they were all involved some how.

Jim