Sign in to follow this  
perry

brand new raider. still in the box

perry

its going to be interesting to see how this auction go's, and to see what eles he has. i know its going to be out of my price range. if i bought it i would prombaly leave it in the crate and keep it in the climate controled house. use it for a tv stand or something :D . i would hope someone keeps it in the crate another 30yrs. i wonder if there is anymore new wheel horse's hideing some where. about 2 yrs ago i do remember a brand new 520 still in the crate being sold. i think for $7,000

T-Mo

I saw that ebay ad a few days ago, even noticed the "new in crate" Wheel Horse reference. But I didn't really looked at the pictures so I miss the two of the Wheel Horse in the box. Yes, it will be interesting to see what this one goes for and what else he has.

CasualObserver

It probably came from this auction on Sept 23. I wanted to go, but had other engagements that day... and it's not like I could have afforded it anyway!! Look through the pictures.... was probably a fun sale even if you just went to watch.

http://www.auctionzip.com/Listings/335542.html

CasualObserver

by the way, in case no one else noticed... that's a 1969 tractor, not a 1968! <_ the raider was model.>

T-Mo

I would of love to have been there and with some cash in hand. Not only the Wheel Horses and the REOs, but a Lawn Boy!!!! :D

nylyon

It probably came from this auction on Sept 23. I wanted to go, but had other engagements that day... and it's not like I could have afforded it anyway!! Look through the pictures.... was probably a fun sale even if you just went to watch.

http://www.auctionzip.com/Listings/335542.html

That's what I was thinking too.

dyt4000

Here are the pictures...

bce7_1.jpg

ba81_1.jpg

He still has not listed it yet though... :D

• Like 1

T-Mo

Hey, DYT4000, welcome to the site. Have you done anything to that WH you've picked up on ebay yet?

dyt4000

I cranked it up and smoked out the neighborhood...LOL

I knew when I bought it that it needed a rebuild.

dyt4000

I don't guess that seller is ever gonna list that "Horse in the Box"...

nylyon

I've been thinking about it. What would I do with a new in box raider? Keep it in the box, well that wouldn't do me any good. Build it and not use it? No fun there. Build it and use it? That would ruin it? So I am better off not getting it, it would drive me insane if I had it, since even an imaginary raider causes this much confusion. :D

dyt4000

It's a burden I'd gladly bear.... :D

nylyon

Well guys, it's listed. Not a bad price either.... item# 290172955046 Too bad the engine decals and the rust formed.

dyt4000

Here are some of the pics...

68Raider10l.jpg

68Raider10k.jpg

68Raider10j.jpg

68Raider10i.jpg

68Raider10h.jpg

68Raider10g.jpg

68Raider10f.jpg

dyt4000

68Raider10e.jpg

68Raider10d.jpg

68Raider10c.jpg

68Raider10b.jpg

68Raider10a.jpg

kpinnc

Wow, that factory paint makes me realize how bad my paintjobs are!

Not perfect, but what a find that is! I wonder how high it will go?

nylyon

It's a buy it now. Take a look at the previous pictures of the engine, the decal is complete, but the later pics it is broken.

ba81_1.jpg

CasualObserver

IMHO :D he NEVER should have put it together before the auction! <_ being packaged in the original shipping package bolted to pallet made for a much more valuable piece not mention that it could have been shipped anywhere country very easily opening up larger market of buyers... now he got time invested as well invest on back end. overall... too smart... but just my humble opinion.>

CasualObserver

By the way... I sent him a question through ebay asking why he assembled it when it would seem that an "in the crate" tractor would be so much more valuable... I'll let you know IF he replies.

perry

IMHO :D he NEVER should have put it together before the auction! <_< Being packaged in the original shipping package, bolted/strapped to the original pallet made for a much more valuable piece, not to mention that it could have been shipped anywhere in the country very, very easily opening up a larger market of buyers... Now he's got time invested as well as the time he'll have to invest on the back end. Overall... not too smart... but that's just my humble opinion.

yes i totaly agree. would have been nice to keep it in the crate another 40 yrs.....

Rollerman

I agree that he should have left it in the box, even with the damage to the crate IMHO his buy it now would be more realistic.

Still a very nice tractor though....gota love the ags & the deep red color to the paint!

Curious if he washed it maybe after assembly & it peeled the loose parts of the decals away?

Stephen in northern IN

T-Mo

All I can say is that it's a nice looking tractor. I would love to have it. And yes, I agree, he should have left it alone and in it's crate. But, still,.....

I'm also curious, as in some of the pictures there seems to be worn spots on the paint, like on the back of the transmission.

CasualObserver

I'm curious about that wear too... could be surface rust I suppose... that is the end that would have been sticking up. :D

Curmudgeon

Even in a crate, there has to be contact somewhere, and it wouldn't be on the tires. Some wear of the paint would be inevitable on these spots. Can't say as this accounts for all, or any or the wear, but it sounded like a good thought at the time!

LOL

Dale