Sign in to follow this  
MalMac

Adding oil to Eaton 1100

MalMac

I know I had seen it on here somewhere but my searches are comming up empty.

What is the best way to add oil to the tranny? Trying to get it to go down the long tube is exstremly slow at best. I though I had seen it here on RS that some one had come up with better faster Idea.

TT

Remove the rear 3/8" bolt that secures the "U" shaped fender mounting bracket to the top of the transaxle. That will allow the case to vent.

MalMac

Thanks TT I knew there was a trick that I had read on here somewhere.

dgoyette

I have also heard of placing a tube in the funnel so the air can escape out the tube while the oil fills. Seems easier just to remove the bolt like TT said though.

bmuone

Last week I had my C175 stripped down...seat off....gas tank off....seat pan off. I was needing to change the trans oil. Could not get the plug out of the bottom. Could not! So I took the oil filler tube off and used a manual pump to pump the oil out. Then I put a rubber tube in that was much smaller than the trans hole. This allowed air all around the tube. Used a funnel and it just poured right in with no problem. I think that long tube is really restrictive. All that said...take the bolt out like TT said! :ychain: